Need An Idea For "baby On The Way" Cake

Decorating By AngelaM Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 2:08am by madgeowens

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 12

My sister who had to undergo countless fertility treatments for her 2 children, just found out she is pregnant with a 3rd baby by the simple grace of God (no fertility treatments)!

She asked me to make a cake to bring out at a big family dinner that says something along the lines of "Baby #3 on the way" as a way to break the news to everybody.

Any ideas on something cute & clever?

11 replies
CakesbyChalupa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChalupa Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 12

I made a couple cakes for baby showers that were cute... icon_biggrin.gif

http://beautifulandcutecakes.blogspot.com

Check out the Baby shower section under January.

Kelly

1456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1456 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 12

how about a stork carrying a baby, I know I have seen some done on here before. if you take a look at the galleries I am sure you will be inspired, Good luck and congrats on becoming a aunt again

CakesbyChalupa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChalupa Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 12

I actually have one of those on my blog!! Plus two more ideas.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 12

I happen to love those baby belly cakes. There are some really beautiful ones on CC.

Good luck and congrats on being an auntie-to-be!!

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:11pm
post #6 of 12

Personally, I avoid anything associated with baby shower cakes that that start with the letter "B". No Boobs, Bellies, Butts, or realistic looking Babies. (Blocks, Blankets, and the word Boy are my only exceptions) Sonogram photos and anything else that came from the Ob-Gyn's office is right out too.

I freely admit I have been scarred for life by the baby shower cakes on Cake Wrecks. Tho even before the discovery of that site I was always creeped out by Baby Belly cakes. I can't think of them as shower cakes so much as "C-Section Reinactment" cakes. icon_surprised.gif

For a "surprise" baby cake, how about a cute looking Jack-In-the-Box toy done in pastels with the little puppet popping out? That could be very cute and appropriate!

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:27pm
post #7 of 12

HAHA!!! Those belly cakes are creepy!! I've seen them done tastefully, but nonetheless. I like the stork idea.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 12

If you make the belly out of rkt on top of a sheet cake, the belly remains intact and thus no 'c-section'.

klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 8:49pm
post #9 of 12

How about just a giant #3 done in pink and blue! simple, and too the point!

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:24am
post #10 of 12

Thanks so much for the ideas! icon_biggrin.gif

yer_1fantasy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yer_1fantasy Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #11 of 12

Personally I love the bassinett cakes...the gallery has quite a few to be inspired with! icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:08am
post #12 of 12

I love the bassinette cake also, but only if the basketweave is flawless............which is why I have not donw it yet lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%