Need Help With Pastiallage Vase

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 1:28am by katwomen1up

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 3

I would like to make a vase out of pastiallage but not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Kat

2 replies
PumpkinTart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinTart Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 3

It depends on the shape you're trying to achieve but in general, I would recommend rolling out the pastillage and making the upright portion of the vase and a separate piece cut to fit the base of the vase.

For example, if you wanted to make a 'tube' vase, you would cut one piece using the height of the vase you want to achieve (maybe 6") and then long enough to wrap it around so you get the desired diameter (maybe 3"). The, cut a separate circle with 3" diameter so it will match the finished tube.

Roll the pastillage into the tube and clip the ends together until they set. If you had a baguette pan (rounded shape) or anything else similar to the shape you're trying to achieve, put the pastillage in that to help it set up in the desired shape.

Later, use RI to seal the seams in the vase and attach the base. Once the RI dries, you can sand it lightly to smooth it out.

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 1:28am
post #3 of 3

Sorry I never received a notification that anyone answered my post. Anywho, thank you, I wasn't sure if I needed to cover the vase in anything like saran wrap or corn starch, or if I could just cover it and slide it off. I've made it but never had to make anything out of it yet.

Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%