Wants To Know More ...

Decorating By SergioM22 Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 5:26pm by jmr531

SergioM22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SergioM22 Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 5

My name is Sergio and I've pretty much worked in restaurants as a pastry cook for most of my almost 3 years in this business but have not branched out into cakes. I've worked for some BIG NYC Chefs but even with my resume I can't get a job at a good bakery so i decided to try this on my own but i feel like i need some good decorating classes to better my craft so i ask if any one knows of any classes in the Westchester, NY area or of any bakery willing to take a chance on me??? Thank you for reading this and any incouraging words will help

4 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, Sergio,

Welcome to CC, I cannot help you with the bakery part of your post as I do not live in weschester, and know of any bakeries, but I can tell you that Sharon Zambito has some good dvd's on cake decorating, that will teach you every thing that you need to know you can check out her site at www.sugaredproductions.com, and also Jennifer Dontz is another great cake artist that sells dvd's her site is www.sugardelites.com and Tonedna has some gumpaste dvd's and her site is www.designmeacake.com she also has tutorials on youtube.

AND IF YOU LOOK IN MY SIGGY YOU WILL FIND A LINK TO LOTS OF TUTORIALS.

SergioM22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SergioM22 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you very much for the help and i will look into each link.

cakesage Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesage Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

You can check out the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) in New York City. They have all types of courses in cake decorating. I took Cake Decorating 1 with Toba Garrett and she is really great.

Also go to the website www.sugarroom.com/eng/about.com. They are located in Sunnyside, Queens and they also teach cake decorating classes. I am eager to visit their baking supplies store.The advice from Uniqueask is great. YouTube has alot of excellent tutorials. Every bit helps.

Good luck with your plans, you are already ahead of the game with your experience. thumbs_up.gif

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 5

Join the NY Cake Decorators Club on meetup.com. They have really great workshops throughout the year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%