When Making A Standing Figurine?

Decorating By Taigen Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 4:16pm by dalis4joe

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a topper for my neices wedding cake out of fondant/gumpaste. I have never done this before and was wondering if when doing the bride is the dress a solid piece of paste or do you use a cone or something similar under the skirt area? It seems it might be quite heavy to have the entire skirt area be fondant/paste.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

5 replies
dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 6

Hi.....

If the Bride is standing up... I shape the bottom of the dress on a coned foam or something that you can shape into how you want the dress to flow (e.g. foil shaped like the skirt part) then after is dried... I attach to the bride already made (I make the bride as I want her to look from the waist up, and the waist on down is just RKT shaped like a long log to support the top.....I use a dowel or dry pasta if I want it all edible the fat straw lookoing one that u stuff with cheese works great)

Good Luck....

PS remember to use a dowel or something to that effect for a sturdy support once on top of the cake....

Taigen Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you I appreciate your insight, I never thought of using RKT ...I did plan on using the dowel, I was just going to put it into the torso area but the RKT would help even more.

Taigen Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 6

Forgot to say the yes whe will be standing up....beside a "dragon" for the groom!!
Thanks again

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 6

Aine2 has a tutorial for making a bride that you can purchase. Here is a link to all of the tutorials that you can purchase.

http://www.extraicing.co.uk/#/sugarcraft-tutorials/4530759830

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 6

np... good luck and post pics... I wanna see ur finished art work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%