Harry Potter And The Chocolate Factory!

Decorating By handsomepants Updated 27 Feb 2010 , 8:33pm by handsomepants

handsomepants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handsomepants Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 9:13am
post #1 of 4

Hey all!

New guy to the site, so I thought I'd share my latest creation with you! I made it for my son's elementary school PTA auction. After seeing a cake my son and I did for a Cub Scout auction, they asked me if I would do one for the PTA. So I did, and this is what I came up with! It's called "Harry Potter and the Chocolate Factory". Anyone who has seen the movies will recognize the likeness to the Monster book from the 3rd show.

BTW, the "cake" part is actually a large rice krispie treat. No actual cake in this creation.
LL
LL

3 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 9:41am
post #2 of 4

i think its great! i love your take on it and i love how you did the writing on the book! (although i must admit, being a stupidly big harry potter fan) The book in the 3rd movie is furry rather than flat icon_smile.gif your wonka bar is excellent too!

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 4

You have some serious skills!!

Excellant job and wonderful creation icon_smile.gif

I would love to see the one you created for the scouts

handsomepants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handsomepants Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

i think its great! i love your take on it and i love how you did the writing on the book! (although i must admit, being a stupidly big harry potter fan) The book in the 3rd movie is furry rather than flat icon_smile.gif your wonka bar is excellent too!

thanks for the nice comments. While I really wanted to make the book like the one in the movie, (and because my skills aren't SUPER good yet) I ended up with my own variation of it. The chocolate bar is actually a giant Hershey bar with a Wonka wrapper I printed off the Internet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%