Cake Balls...why Did I Wait So Long???

Decorating By MrsAB Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 8:57pm by idgalpal

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 4

I just made my first batch after all this time Wednesday night. These things are ADDICTIVE!!!! I made dark chocolate fudge with raspberry and dark chocolate fudge with pecans/coconut both covered with a melted bag of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. I covered the pecan/coconut ones with crushed pecans. Yummy! Ok, so I am officially letting the world know that I will be attending Cake Ball Anonymous sessions starting today! Anyone else? I'm looking forward to trying more flavor combinations soon!

Any tips on getting the melted chocolate on easier?

Thanks!

3 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 4

good for you, you aren't alone, I love them also. My dh is really addicted to them but I tell him he has to help me make them so that gets him to back off some lol
I put in a teaspoon of crisco in my candy melts ( reg. size bag ) I find that it helps thin the chocolate a little without making it too thin. I find it is easier to dip them but I am no expert on this so I hope someone will let us both know a better way.

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Tatorchip!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 4

I guess it's time for me to jump on the cake ball wagon icon_smile.gif I have some chocolate hazelnut cake pieces in the freezer just waiting to be the subject of my cake ball experiments-lol. I'm afraid to try them ,because I'm afraid like eveything else - I'll get addicted to them! Both making them and eating them.
So, someone please email me when the first session of Cake Balls Anonymous meets~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%