Guitar Strings- (And First Order Nervousness)

Decorating By superdobbers Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 9:02pm by superdobbers

superdobbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superdobbers Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Guys,

I've always been a bit of a lurker here I'm afraid but am "coming out" now!!

I set up my (legal) home business recently and have had my first order off a complete stranger (orders up until now have been through word of mouth/friends). Not an easy first order...she wanted this ->http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1594389&sub=1594399 reincarnating in cake!

Anyway I finished it just now, and it's due for delivery tomorrow. I'm "ok" about how it turned out, I mean it was never going to be an exact replica but I'm a bit "Ufff" about it. The guitar strings are just so darn UGLY. What would have been the best way to do guitar strings? Bit late now, but i'll know for next time!

To say that I'm nervous about this delivery is an understatement!!!! Im just grateful that it's a single tier and I dont have to worry about it collapsing en route!!!

This is the finished cake-> http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1594389

S.D xxx

3 replies
hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 4

Good job with copying the design!
I use spaghetti noodles and airbrush them with silver highlighting dust. Got that tip from C.C. and it was a great one!
I'm sure they will enjoy their cake!

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 4

I used fishing wire on my guitar cake and secured them using cocktail sticks at either end. And have heard of people using jewelry wire and silver thread.

superdobbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superdobbers Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 4

Ahh I didn't even think of inedible! Thank you both for the suggestions! Hindsight is a wondeful thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%