Really, Its That Inappropriate???

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 25 Feb 2010 , 5:20pm by sadsmile

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 16

Monday is my best friends birthday. She is a HUGE Tim Burton fan, down to naming her car Jack. Her sister works with her and thought it would be a good idea to make a cake for her birthday. We thought we would do a Tim Burton theme, with Nightmare before Christmas, The Corpse Bride, Coraline, and Alice in Wonderland. Then the boss came by her sisters office and says Tim Burton is inappropriate, lets do something sweet, like her dog. Well Im sorry, eating a cake in the shape of your pet, is wrong on so many levels. So now we have came up with a 2-tier, green and brown with a basset hound on top!!! Im really kinda ticked, especially since they aren't even paying for it!! I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening!!

15 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 16

Is the Boss or the company paying for the B-day cake... if not then make what you know the B-day girl will like.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 16

Why does he think its inappropriate? If she's a huge fan she'd love the cake!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 16

You should do a Sweeney Todd cake and show that boss what inappropriate really is... icon_twisted.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 16

Unless they are paying for the cake do what ya want.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 16

is the boss IS paying. do what he wants. if not, Then ignore his silly rantings and make the cake YOU think your BEST friend will LOVE

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 16

yea... i would say do it.... is she going to apprecitae any cake... probally.... is she going to scream and squeel for a tim burton cake..... DEFINATLY!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:51pm
post #8 of 16

what about skirting around it? Like making a tiered topsy turvy cake with black and white stripes and the colors and such that you would have put on a Tim burton cake?

I agree though, if the company is paying for it, then go with what the boss says (although I agree about eating a dog being creepier!)

FierceConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FierceConfections Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysweet72740

Then the boss came by her sisters office and says Tim Burton is inappropriate, lets do something sweet, like her dog.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Since when is Tim Burton inappropriate?
Now, if she were a big Ron Jeremy fan, I'd understand... icon_lol.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 3:03pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

what about skirting around it? Like making a tiered topsy turvy cake with black and white stripes and the colors and such that you would have put on a Tim burton cake?

I agree though, if the company is paying for it, then go with what the boss says (although I agree about eating a dog being creepier!)

I would go this route... use all the backgrounds Burton uses on the base of the tiers, then sculpt her basset in Burtonesque fashion as the topper.

You already stated they are NOT paying for it, so use your artistic license to "interpret" what the boss has said. That way, you are giving a nod to the wishes of the boss, yet you are remaining true to your initial design.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:09pm
post #11 of 16

Can you sculpt her basset as Zero from TNBC or Scraps from TCB? icon_smile.gif That way you could say "I put her dog on there!" And then do all crazy colors icon_smile.gif

Or you could just go totally with one theme, like Alice. Sculpt her basset dressed up like the Mad Hatter icon_smile.gif

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #12 of 16

I just heart ya'all! You totally made my day feel so much better! They ARE NOT paying for it. So I think the skirting with Scraps as the hound sounds fabulous. What are they going to do fire me, I dont even work there!Thanks again ya'all!!!

Caralovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralovescake Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 4:56pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

You should do a Sweeney Todd cake and show that boss what inappropriate really is... icon_twisted.gif

Bwahhahahahahahaha! I like that idea! Nice Red Velvet cake inside and strawberry filling! LOL!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:05pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralovescake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Bwahhahahahahahaha! I like that idea! Nice Red Velvet cake inside and strawberry filling! LOL!

I thought the same thing. lol We're all very inappropriate. LOL

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:16pm
post #15 of 16

mmmm meat pies icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:20pm
post #16 of 16

ROFLMBO! Very inappropriate ha! I'd say the situation demand for for it.

CakeMommyTX your reply and then your siggy line!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%