Here Is The Cricut Compatible Gumpaste Recipe

Decorating By TobiasWilhelm Updated 2 Jun 2014 , 3:00pm by tivy307

TobiasWilhelm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TobiasWilhelm Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #31 of 45

The heated (hence liquid) shortening is easier to measure - but not heated works just as well - after all it is added to hot gelatin.

As far as being biased: when Cricut called and we agreed that we would test the Cricut Cake in a regular production environment, we made it very clear that our opinion would be publicly available to the baking industry and that we will be brutally honest, no matter what. Those who know Jennifer or myself personally can tell you that we don't beat around the bush and tend to be rather blunt. We figured we give all the info and let everyone decide for themselves.

Tobias

TobiasWilhelm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TobiasWilhelm Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 11:15pm
post #32 of 45

We have been cutting gumpaste on the regular Cricut, now working with the Cricut Cake as sort of a beta tester - we are running 4 Cricut Expressions in daily production.

Fondant works on the Expression if you add a load of CMC/tylose and vegetable gum, but thats not really feasible in the longrun, at least not for us.

Modelling chocolate cuts ok on the Expression, you just have roll it very thin - too thin in my opinion.

I will measure the thickness exactly when we go in tomorrow - as far as letting the GP sit before cutting, you want to wait long enough to where it doesnt pull. Will elaborate on that as well tomorrow - we are having the day off from the bakery today. icon_biggrin.gif

Tobias

katiemay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiemay Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 4:40pm
post #33 of 45

Can I please ask if someone could send me the receipe as i have tried the link to obtain it but i get an error message saying thr link is broken.

I live in the uk, i just got my cricut cake and i am having a bit of trouble finding the right paste to use in the machine so would appreciate any help.

thank you icon_smile.gif

Pam57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam57 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:14pm
post #34 of 45

I'm also having trouble getting the link.
[email protected] is my email if someone
could please send the recipe too.

Thanks so much.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:17pm
post #35 of 45

Once you sign up for the newsletter at www.cuttingedgecakeart.com, you get the recipe.

Their link just worked for me and the info on how to get the recipe is on the right side of the page. Hope that helps!

katiemay Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:29pm
post #36 of 45

thank you. I have tried again and the link still does not work for me so I am a bit confused now. boo hoo x

does anyone have a copy they can please e mail me?

thank you

cs_confections Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemay

thank you. I have tried again and the link still does not work for me so I am a bit confused now. boo hoo x

thank you

You can also type it into your browser. www. cutting edge cake art .com without the spaces. The website is definitely working. I have it on my laptop at home, but don't feel comfortable sharing it since they'd like people to sign up for their newsletter to get it. They really don't send out things that often, and what they have sent has been informative - so you don't have to be scared of being inundated with spam.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:39pm
post #38 of 45

I have tried several times, can't get it to work either. icon_cry.gif

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:43pm
post #39 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

Quote:

thank you

You can also type it into your browser. www. cutting edge cake art .com without the spaces. The website is definitely working. I have it on my laptop at home, but don't feel comfortable sharing it since they'd like people to sign up for their newsletter to get it. They really don't send out things that often, and what they have sent has been informative - so you don't have to be scared of being inundated with spam.

the website works fine its the subscription part that doesn't work and I even tried to contact them and leave a message about it and that doesn't work either.

katiemay Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:48pm
post #40 of 45

that was the same with me. the web is fine the link is broken and I also find I cannot send them a message either.

I did want to sign up for their news letter as well. not just the recipe. I am new with a cricut and would appreciate any help I can get.

Kay

cs_confections Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:52pm
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

Quote:

thank you

the website works fine its the subscription part that doesn't work and I even tried to contact them and leave a message about it and that doesn't work either.

Ahh-that explains it!

I don't have it at work, but here is one from a blog I read - she compared her recipe with their's and gives her recipe, along with her tips.

www.acaketorememberva.blogspot.com

edited to add:
Direct link didn't work, so once at her blog, either search "cricut" and see all her posts about it, or look for one dated 4/2010 called gumpaste vs cricut test part 2

scoobydid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobydid Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 6:36pm
post #42 of 45

I tried to sign up for the newsletter and received the following message...

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/formmail.cgi was not found on this server.
Apache Server at www.cuttingedgecakeart.com Port 80

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 6:57pm
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasWilhelm

I posted this in a message and I am still getting requests, so here - in a little more obvious spot - the compatible gumpaste recipe:

Quote:
Quote:

OK, so we've been getting request for this from RBA, ICES and a few forums, so we put up a web site and you can just have it sent to you for free.

Go to
http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com
and fill out the little form and it will instantly email you a PDF with the recipe.

Email or PM with questions...

Tobias

I tried to join, but when I hit submit it brought up an error. (sorry if this has already been talked about in this thread. no time to read it all because my baby is crying). gotta run

katiemay Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 8:28pm
post #44 of 45

well I got the recipe that cs confections pointed me to in the web blog ( thanks loads) I have just finished making it did not take long at all ( about 15 mins).
so tomorrow I will test it out and let you know how i get on. I have my fingers crossed it works.

thanks again for your help
Kay thumbs_up.gif

tivy307 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tivy307 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 3:00pm
post #45 of 45

AHi dear Could you please email me your gumpaste recipe that is compatible with the cricut and some tips please. Many thanks Ivy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%