Is This Bowl Oven Safe???

Decorating By JaneDee Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 9:40pm by JaneDee

JaneDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, I have this old green bowl that was here when my grandmother lived here. On the bottom it says "Fire King Oven Ware Made in USA". Upon looking it up on google all I found were antique sites talking about them. But I just wanted to know if anyone knows if I can bake with this bowl?
I was going to use another glass bowl I have from an old stand mixer that I got rid of but the bottom is bare with no "oven safe" type of thing so I didn't want to chance it.

Can I bake in this Fire King bowl?

Thanks so much!!
LL
LL

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 5

They were made to be baked in. Fire King became Anchor Hocking which still makes oven-safe glassware. I don't know if it gets too old to be safe in the oven though.

Personally I would save that one as a collectible and just buy a new oven-safe bowl to bake in...but then I'm fond of Fire King glassware.

JaneDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 5

Okay thank you! I guess I'll get the little one ready and stop procrastinating on getting the other pan. lol
Thanks again icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 5
JaneDee Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, thank you. I had found that website when I got back from the store just looking more into that darn bowl. lol curiosity gets the best of me. icon_smile.gif Thank you for taking the time to look that up, I really appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%