So, I Feel Dumb Asking This Question....

Business By snarkybaker Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 3:57am by Kima920

lexi55033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexi55033 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:42pm
post #31 of 40

If you wanted to try the cupcake in a mason jar idea, without having to ship glass (due to breakage and weight of it), this might be an option to consider and costs a little less ($0.89/each) and is FDA approved:

Go to www . uline . com (without spaces) and enter S-12754 into the search box.

Just a thought.

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 7:32pm
post #32 of 40

Do they do multiple shows of the same item on Throwdown?

I've only seen a few episodes and one was with cupcakes. Red Velvet, somewhere in CA....if my memory serves me right.

Editing to say...Congrats and enjoy the experience!!!

Esalota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Esalota Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 7:48pm
post #33 of 40

wow. wow. wow. you have to let us know when it air.

and i am just like you, bring it on bobby, cause you don't need a sheep skin that says you can cook.

wish i had an answer. had to wish you congrats!!

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 3:14pm
post #34 of 40

[quote

But, I still need to get some cupcake packaging. Maybe I should just order a dozen from Sprinkles or Sweet Street and take a look at theirs.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing! You should try doing that. And Good luck! We'll cheering for you! icon_wink.gif

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:08am
post #35 of 40

Did you ever get any shipping ideas to work for you??

candicemorgannicholson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candicemorgannicholson Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:19am
post #36 of 40

I can't remember where but somewhere I saw recently puts their cupcakes in little clear plastic boxes and puts marshmellows around the base. I will try to find the picture but in the mean time I hth.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:38pm
post #37 of 40

could you put a glue sticker on the bottom of the cupcake liner and stick it to the bottom so it doesn't bounce around?

Or could you send it out undecorated,so the cake and icing are put togeter at the home? <That would kinda suck though.

Get on a plane and deliver it to them. This could only be done if the destination is really awesome!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:40pm
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I contacted fedex to ship cakes with their white gloves service (I ship one cake a month out of state) and they wanted a minimum of $3000 for an item that weighs less than 5 lbs. So if you really don't care about the cost to ship them and keep them intact Fedex will do it.

Oh, is that all? icon_rolleyes.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:08pm
post #39 of 40

I agree with your idea of ordering from a few of the cuppie sites. If the bakery is close to you send it across the country to someone else and have them open the box and take pix. IMHO using glass to protect something doesn't make sense. One weak area in the container coupled with a just right drop may cause a chip to contaminate the product. Lawsuit just looking for a place to happen.

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 3:57am
post #40 of 40

I ship cakes and cupcakes all the time. I freeze them overnight. I also use plastic cupcake containers I get the ones that come in 6. I only ship overnight. I pack the boxes as tight as possible using bubble wrap and packing peanuts. I use FedEx to ship and so far all of my cupcakes and cakes go there in one piece with frosting attached icon_smile.gif I have also tried to use lollipop sticks cut down to size and placed inside each cupcake to keep them from tipping over. I have also lined the inside of the container with bubble wrap as well.. to keep them from tipping over during transit. I hope that helps somewhat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%