Tragedy Takes 5.. Prayer Request Please

Lounge By j_black Updated 2 Mar 2010 , 8:31am by grannys3angels

j_black Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_black Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 15

Hello eveyone,
I was unsure about cc rules on religion but figured I would go ahead with my prayer request. I have always belived in the power of prayer especially in vast numbers. I have been a menber of this site for awhile and although I have not posted I have read all the posts in most forums and have sort of used this site as my escape place from the busy daily grind my life is. On February 18 a mother and her three children were killed in an accident in our small GA community. My husband coached one of the little ones in football and baseball, so we spent many days and evening with the family at practice and games. One of the children that passed is 7 and was a very good friend of my sons on and off the field.
My son struggles with the loss of his friend daily, and I pray nightly that some of the pain from his little heart will ease.
The entire school that these children attended is in pain, as I said it is a small community where we all know one another.
The father of these children was in Afghanistan when this tragedy occured.
There are also 2 older teenagers that are left without their mother and baby siblings.May I ask that you pray for the family and all the ones suffering with grief over this tragic loss.

14 replies
alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 15

That's such a tragedy. Don't know of any words that could help this family at this time. I know you must be hurting, seeing your little one in such pain. My children are grown but I can't stand to see them in pain, no matter the age. I will certainly say a prayer for this family and friends.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 15

Oh yes, I will pray for the family and for you and your son and the rest of the community. (((HUGS)))

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 15

How devastating for the remaining family members, their friends, and the entire community. Prayers are certainly something you can request on this site, and I will certainly raise my voice in prayer for all of you.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 15

My prayers for the family of the victims, you, your son and family and all the community as a whole! I know how these tragedy's can turn a small community upside down.

Suze

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:20am
post #6 of 15

I pray for all connected to this.

SimplyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyM Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 4:01am
post #7 of 15

It is always so heartbreaking when children are involved. My prayers for peace goes out to everyone in the family and community.

God bless.

Melissa

j_black Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 15

Thank you.. I certainly have been praying for the strength to hold myself together for the family. My husband, I and our son will meet with them tonight to give them our condolance letter, our donation, and a team football signed by the team. The daddy found out that the team had signed the ball they played with all year and asked if he could put it with his son. So we see them tonight and I am just hoping that I can keep myself together so they have a shoulder to lean on. We knew the mom very well as she was my cheering buddy in the stands and the little boy we knew very well. He was so sweet and precious we couldnt help but fall in love with him. I also offered all my help to the family (cleanup duty, food, anything) we they said that they do need dessert for the viewing on friday and know I am the donation cake lady for the school. So I offered to provide a large cake and several other desserts and food trays. I was thinking of doing a huge plain cross with the lords prayer (psalm 23) written on it. Do ya'll think that, that would be the right thing to write on the cake?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm
post #9 of 15

Wow, my thoughts will be with you this evening. I'm crying right now just reading this, so I pray that you can hold it together better than I would. Yes, I think the 23rd Psalm would be very appropriate. If you find that your hand's trembling too much to write the words, then a plain cross with a border would be fine, too.

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 15

It seems like I hear a story similar to this everyday on the news...my thoughts and prayers are with the family...so sad...there is great healing power in prayer.

j_black Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 9:45pm
post #11 of 15

Yes there is.. My heart aches everytime I hear about another tragic death of a child. And I have always belived in the power of prayer. I have been praying daily for the family members left behind.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 10:51pm
post #12 of 15

Reading this has brought tears to my eyes. So incredibly tragic, of course I will pray for everyone hurt by this.

j_black Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 4:34am
post #13 of 15

Finished the cake and other things I am taking tomorrow. Now to try and gear up for a stressful day. Thanks for all the prayers. Tried posting a pic of the cake but it said the file was to big. I think it turned out great. I did a stacked MMF,Buttercream, Vanilla sponge. This is the first cake I took my time doing and every step was done with prayers and tears for those who are hurting from this tagedy.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 27 Feb 2010 , 5:10am
post #14 of 15

I'm so sorry. I think the hustle and bustle of events after a tragedy is what is really needed to help the people left behind adjust. It helps to have other things to think about. The thing is it's always worse after everyone leaves and about 2 weeks out. Please keep in touch with them and help them. I know it helped us/me with my mother.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 2 Mar 2010 , 8:31am
post #15 of 15

Such a tragedy that has hit so many people, the family, your son, the school children and your community. I pray for God to be with everyone during this heart breaking time and in the days to come. For him to be with them all and to help with their pain and sorrow.

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%