Gumpaste Dog House (Snoopy)??? Help!!!

Decorating By angiev77 Updated 24 Feb 2010 , 9:17am by slimkim

angiev77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angiev77 Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any suggestions for making snoopy's dog house that will go on top of a cake? I need to put snoopy on it to so I am not sure what will support him. I am at a loss so any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

5 replies
MrsPound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsPound Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 6

i have read that a lot of people use gumpaste. You can roll it out like fondant, and color it to, but it dries hard as a rock. Still edible. i would construct it almost like a gingerbread house, (using either maybe royal icing as the glue, or i just read that some use a little bit of gumpaste dossolved in water and paint it on)

Wilton makes the gumpaste. I buy a bag at Wal-Mart for around $8, don't know how big you want it, so I would buy 2.. just in case!

HTH! GL!

pearlydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlydi Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 6
slimkim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slimkim Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 6

have you ever tried making anything with rice krispie treats and covered in fondant

angiev77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angiev77 Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the suggestions! No, I have never used RKT, I have always wanted to but was too afraid to try! Is it hard to deal with? I would be concerned that it would look bumpy after I covered it in fondant.

slimkim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slimkim Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 9:17am
post #6 of 6

Its very easy molding with rkt. If you mold it then put it in the freezer just to get it hard then use a real sharp serrated knife and trim it , it shouldn't look bumpy, also use a little thicker fondant than you would with cake. Let me know if you try it. Love to see it when your done. In my pictures I have rice krispie treats made into the superbowl trophy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%