B/c Roses

Decorating By jhuntl01 Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 9:37pm by juststarted

jhuntl01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhuntl01 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 6

I have made my fair share of butter cream roses on a rose nail and used scissors to pull them directly off and onto the cake. That works fine for a few, but I need over 100 for a cake coming up this week and I figured out that I wanted them to air dry first. I started making them and have about 50 done and each is on it's own little wax square then I thought...I hope these will come back off...so I am on here to ask before I go further. Once they air dry will they come easily off the wax papers? Also what's the best method for getting them off?

Thanks so much for any input icon_smile.gif

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 6

Yes they will. Depending on how long you let them dry the icing against the wax paper will still be soft. Just use your scissors or flower liftes like you normally would. Slide the scissors between the wax paper and the rose, close them half way, lift up and peel the wax paper off, then place on your cake as you normally would.

jhuntl01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhuntl01 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, I kinda figured that, but even after all the time I've done cakes I occasionally have those freak out moments icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 6

We all do. Have fun making the rest of those!

katlynkatie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katlynkatie Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 6

Yes they will, good luck, better you than me making all those roses! Smiles!

juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 6

I once made the BC roses on wax paper and froze them before applying to the cake. After it's frozen for half an hour, I just basically took it off the wax paper as I would do with dried RI flowes, it was that easy. Only problem is later when the roses came to the room temp, it started to sweat a bit. So I don't know if you wanted to compromise that for the ease of use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%