What Is Your Favorite Non Cake Decorating Tool?

Decorating By momvarden Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 11:29pm by allthehobbies

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, I was just wondering what everyones favorite tool they use that was not made intentionally for cake decorating;

For example mine is this thin metal clay scraper:

http://www.theclaystation.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TCS&Product_Code=S4&Category_Code=KO

its safe to go in the dishwasher, flexible and it has a nice clean edge that i shape enough to go nice through fondant and gumpaste and because it is so thin i can get closer and a it bends. I could go on and on, it works great for scraping up the stuck on the surface stuff. does that make since. Oh and it cost very little. i got mine at ac moore.

7 replies
sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 8

Don't even have to think about it. My computer. I learn so many things from cake bulletin boards and I design many of my cake designs from clipart and fonts that I have accessed through the computer.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 8

My band saw and dremmel tool. I use them for making unusually shaped cake boards and tools.

Michele

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 8

Cake central for sure and DVD's by Jennifer Dontz

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 8

probably my exacto knife.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 8

Well let's see... Pringles can for filling bags, stencils for making cookie cutter templates, bench scraper for smoothing buttercream, plastic putty knife (scraper) for scraping buttercream off the practice area, painting trough for putting the excess frosting in... I could go on and on! icon_biggrin.gif

fondantflubber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantflubber Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 8

i use straws from the ampm for stacking. if you bend them over just right you don't half to cut them

allthehobbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allthehobbies Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 11:29pm
post #8 of 8

There was a whole post on this not too long ago:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-8964.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%