How Do You Store The Millions Of Cake Boxes?!

Business By Cakepro Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 2:02am by pattycakesnj

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 8

Hey fellow bakery owners <grin>,

How on earth do you store your millions of cake boxes? We keep some made up on hand but I haven't found a system of storing the unfolded ones. I'm thinking some kind of vertical storage system because when storing them horizontally, moving 100 pounds of them to get to the size on the bottom SUCKS...so I'm hoping someone will give me a clue. icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 8

what about some type of wire shelving unit? and put one size on each shelf and label the front of the shelf?

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 8
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you! That's something along the lines of what I was looking for. I'm wondering if there is a vertical storage system similar to that but with movable dividers.

surgery2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surgery2 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 8

i use wire shelving with those divider things that are made to put sheet pans on to seperate them, The seperations are approx. 20in and hold my boxes vertical easily

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 1:40am
post #6 of 8

I store flat on wire shelving. I don't make up any ahead of need.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 2:01am
post #7 of 8

I just bought this one with a shelf on top, cheaper than the one on online and it sits off the ground. I love it and the dividers can be put anywhere. I got it in 2 days after I ordered it.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/packaging/boxes-cartons/packaging-accessories/single-level-carton-stand-with-3-dividers?utm_source=google_pr&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Carts-Carton-and-Packaging-Accessories-google_pr&infoParam.campaignId=T9F

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 2:02am
post #8 of 8

I meant cheaper than unline

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%