Gotta Love It!

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 3:44pm by cakesdivine

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 2

I have a friend who is a DJ. He referred a bride to me and my husband knows the groom (they all play ball together). She is on a tight budget and I knew it going in.

Our first email we established that there were going to be atleast 100 guests and I gave her a price for that. Then she said well...not everyone eats cake so lets do less. I gave her a price for less. Then she emails me a few days later and says well Fiance says we have to have cake for everyone (the smart one in the relationship icon_smile.gif ) So we go back to the price. It was a simple cake with just a few yellow fondat flowers, no filling and just vanilla cake and I qouted her $200.

After the last email with the quote of $200 a few weeks ago, I hadnt heard from her. So I emailed her last week and told her we needed to finalize the plans and get payment, I needed to work on the flowers. She did not responded. This morning I sent her another email that said I am sure you are busy but if I do not get started on your flowers I may not have time. (I work full time and have alot going on so I do them way ahead of time). Wedding is 3 weeks away.

She just sent me a message back with some excuse why she now doesnt have the money for the cake and she is just getting a $35 sheet cake at Sams. Can you even get a sheet cake at Sams for 100 people for $35? Sheet cakes at Sams are terrible tasting in my opinion!

I knew this was going to be a problem bride to begin with and I have to say I am not sad she is going away.

Oh and my DJ friend told me in addition to him they also hired a band.

1 reply
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 2

The cake isn't the important thing to many, so they are perfectly fine with getting a sheet cake from Sam's or any other grocery or box store.

It is a shame that there are such people out there. My thought is if they don't have the money and really don't care about taste/decor...bake the cake themselves and really save. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%