Finally Really Feeling Better!!

Lounge By tsal Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 9:08pm by tsal

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 11:13am
post #1 of 8

Wow - I got the flu last Sunday and for the better part of last week, I was really sick - non-functional sick. I spent the majority of last week in bed, and thank goodness we have a good babysitter who took care of my kids (we don't have a good family support network) because they were off school.

Today is the first day that I am well enough to work out (something I do every weekday), so I'm excited that my energy levels are returning to normal.

This is the first year in 6 years that I missed the seasonal flu shot (I only started getting them when my first son was born) and I will never miss another one. I got the H1N1 shot (along with the rest of my family because my kids are all young (all under 6 years old), and figured that was enough (I didn't want to have lots of vaccines while I'm still breastfeeding).

My kids ended up getting sick too - but they seem to bounce back much quicker than us old folk. Dh managed to escape this whole thing somehow and remains healthy.

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 8

Glad to hear you are on the mend..We have been very lucky in that this year none of us have gotten sick once and that was without the H1N1 shot...Usually my kids are sick once or twice a year...

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 8

Glad you're feeling better! Kuddos to your babysitter! It's nice too have help when you're sick.
I know how you feel. I was sick all last week and the week before, with bronchitis and an ear infection. Not a fun combo! I spent alot of time in bed and on the couch. By thursday and friday I started feeling much better. Yesterday I was able to get all my laundry caught up!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 8

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

My whole family had the H1N1 flu in October, right before they started giving out a vaccine for it. That was pretty miserable, but at least my little one was almost over it and my older one hadn't come down with it yet when I was feeling the worst...our babysitter is my dad but he has a weakened immune system so he can't help out if anyone is sick.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 8

I'm glad you're better and that you have a great sitter to rely on!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 8

I've never received a flu shot (I don't like to get shots lol) and rarely get the flu...............as for the H1N1 shot, I haven't received it either (not so much because I don't like shots as much as it seems odd how pushy they are being about everyone getting it)
I have never seen such a craze to medicate people before as I have with this shot! I mean the whole........."get it quick before we run out" stuff is really weird to me! Seems like there is an overabundance of it and then all of a sudden they are running low and then bam, overabundance again.....weird

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 8

I agree KHalstead.... It all seems pretty weird to me too!!

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 9:08pm
post #8 of 8

We got our H1N1 shot before the hysteria started. I agree that it was nuts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%