Covering A Cake In Fondant

Decorating By laurs_1981 Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 7:23am by luvmysmoother

laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 3

i know there are countless tutorials, and videos out there about covering a cake in fondant...trust me, i've read seen them all.....but for some reason i still can't get my fondant to lie FLAT at the bottom of my cakes. no matter how much prodding, pulling, pushing, stretching, rubbing, etc, i always get at least ONE fold at the bottom....i don't seem to have any other fondant problems except that....and it's driving me crazy cause it looks so horrible....anyone have any good tips?...or tell me what i'm doing wrong?....i'd really appreciate it!!!..thanks icon_smile.gif

2 replies
laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 1:28am
post #2 of 3

thanks linda....maybe that's my problem...i usually use 2-2" cakes stacked plus the bc....any other suggestions would be very welcome...thanks so much

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:23am
post #3 of 3

Do you start at the top and slowly work your way down rather than trying to do one section at a time? I also heard that people place their cake on top of a huge can of tomatoes (or a similar pedestal) so the fondant hangs past the cake making it much easier to lay smoothicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%