Contract Wording For Creativity

Business By adven68 Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 1:49pm by adven68

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 7

Hi guys!
I need to word a one-liner on my contract that states that the final outcome is at my sole discretion and that the design may vary according to what I think looks best, even though we may have discussed something different....also that I will, of course, try to stick to the agreed upon design...

any ideas?

thanks!!!

6 replies
SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 7

I have this on my cake sketch page that the customer receive when ever I draw up a design:

Please remember that this is only a rough sketch. Certain minor details may change during the course of making the cake. However, we will make every effort to match the design. If there are any major changes needed, will be sure to contact you first.

Hope that help you a little..

Shaddi

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 7

Please be advised that every effort will be made to ensure your cake design will be as ordered; however, please keep in mind that cake decorating is an art and that no two cakes are exactly alike. The final product and minor details in regard to decoration are up to the sole discretion of your cake artist.

icon_smile.gif

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 12:20am
post #4 of 7

In my contract I have a Creative License clause that states:

"We want your cake to be a special, unique creation just for you. To that end, we will not attempt to recreate another decorator's cake exactly, even if it were possible for us to do so. We will use any photographs you provide us with as inspiration when working with you to design your custom cake. <Business Name> reserveds the right to utilize professional judgment and creative license to alter the final cake design in order to provide you with the best product possible."

I added this to my contract based on other contracts that I saw here on CC and found in an internet search that had similar statements.

HTH!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:42am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the examples....

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:05am
post #6 of 7

yes, Thanks

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:49pm
post #7 of 7