Education Of The Value Of Cakes/cupcakes

Baking By BrandeR Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 7:02pm by BrandeR

BrandeR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandeR Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 10

I do not want to sell cakes or cupcakes. I only do them free of charge so that it remains my hobby and not another job. That being said, I am asked at functions to bake "for hire".

Tomorrow is a function in which I am bringing the attacted cupcakes. Could you please let me know a range of pricing so that I can say "I do not make cupcakes for sale, however a professional baker would be a great place to go and you should expect to pay between $-$. This would be a great way to educate the VALUE of cakes, not just the "cost".

Thank you in advance,
Brande

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1588501

9 replies
nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:21am
post #2 of 10

I dont know about pricing because I'm really bad at that part, but I wanted to tell you those cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL!!!

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:32am
post #3 of 10

tell them $1.50-3 for the cupcake PLUS extra for the chocolate decorations (.50-1.50 each) total being $2-$4.50 each. that would be my guess depending on your location, flavor of cake and the extent of the design work.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:18am
post #4 of 10

I would estimate $36 to $48 or more per dozen.

BrandeR Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:52am
post #5 of 10

Thank you all! I think a lot of the time, people have no idea of what things cost and just need to have it explained.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 3:15am
post #6 of 10

They really don't because my prices make people's jaws drop all the time, and I don't even charge quite as much as alot of the "pros" here on CC.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 10

I would try googling cupcake shops near you and see what they charge. If i sold them i would probably charge $2.95 each

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:23pm
post #8 of 10

I would try googling cupcake shops near you and see what they charge. If i sold them i would probably charge $2.95 each

officialamysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
officialamysue Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 2:11pm
post #9 of 10

If youre charging 2.95 individually... since I am planning on doing jumbo cupcakes only, what is your opinion on per dozen? sorrry such a newbicon_smile.gif

BrandeR Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 7:02pm
post #10 of 10

I wanted to say thank you for the information. Funny thing is that I wasn't asked about the cupcakes, but asked to make more "green egg" sugar cookies. So much for being prepared! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%