Anyone Looking For A Little Help With Their Photos...

Decorating By -Tubbs Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 2:23am by sewsweet2

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 7

... try www.Picnik.com

My 14 year old daughter does all her cool photo editing on there, so I thought it was a site for 'young people' ( icon_biggrin.gif ), but I finally went on there yesterday and was blown away by how easy it was to edit pictures, and how much nicer they looked. I was so impressed I paid the $24 for a 'Premium' membership, but even the free stuff version is great.

You can also just crop and resize much more easily than on Shrinkpictures.com, so it's worth it, just for that.

I'm a fan already! Hope this helps someone.

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 7

I'm all for easier... icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Thanks to you and your daughter for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for sharing.

But darn, when I saw the title here I thought you were going to offer to edit our photos to make all our cakes look like a top professional made them.... LOL

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 7

I found Picnik a few months ago and love it..Yes it is very easy!!!I too am thinking about upgrading..Is it worth it or do you get the same stuff for free?

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I found Picnik a few months ago and love it..Yes it is very easy!!!I too am thinking about upgrading..Is it worth it or do you get the same stuff for free?

You can 'clone' with the Premium, which I think you can't with the free version. For me that's enabled me to clean up a bunch of my old pics with bad shadows (you copy a part of the picture - usually the background - and clone it over a less-than perfect area). This has saved me needing to remake cakes that I wanted better pictures of, and since I'm working on a new website I think it's saved me some money.

Also my daughter is happy because she now gets the extra fonts and backgrounds, plus the other 'touchup' functions etc. icon_biggrin.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 7

Does anyone know why the site rarely loads for me? I used to be able to get around that by going thru Facebook, but I can't find it on there anymore.

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:23am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much for posting this. I've got a new laptop and needed sometype of photo editing program to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%