Lemon Curd And Buttercream???

Baking By CMTorie Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 7:17pm by CMTorie

CMTorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMTorie Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 4

Have any of you ever mixed Lemon Curd with Buttercream to fill a cake with? I'm filling a chocolate cake with it(as per the customers request....I can't quite grasp the concept of Chocolate and Lemon personally, but ok, LOL). I have a lemon curd recipe that I have used with other flavored cakes and I'm quite fond of it, but I was thinking to give it more volume and possible lighten up the flavor, that maybe I can mix it with the buttercream that will also crumb coat the cake. Entire thing will be covered with Satin Ice Fondant if that makes a difference.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

~TIA, Torie

3 replies
CrazyCatLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCatLady Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 4

I mix lemon curd with buttercream often... people often ask me for "that yummy lemon filling"! It's especially good layered with fresh strawberries...

Chocolate and lemon? Hrmmm... must be an acquired taste.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 4

They make lemon cream fillings for chocolate truffles - so I guess it would work for a cake! Lemon curd is really good with white chocolate buttercream!

CMTorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMTorie Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 4

Oh goodness...thank you for such a quick response!! I just finished making my lemon curd and I used a little less butter with the thought that I would be mixing it with butter cream!

I was just a little intimidated, being it's not a flavor that I woud appreciate (the lemon and chocolate). I find it difficult to cook/bake, things I don't like, lol...who knows, maybe it will become a new favorite.

LOVE the white chocolate idea....of course I love white chocolate icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%