Morning Shower Cake

Decorating By summersusu Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 8:55pm by summersusu

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 6

We are having a baby shower at 9 am in our Sunday School class. I want to make the round box cake and was looking for recipes that would be good for the morning...like coffee cake and what would you cover it in...looking for something to serve in the morning.

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 6

Personally, I get tired of "food rules" and "food police" that dictate what I can or can't eat during certain times of the day.

I don't like traditional breakfast foods. I'd rather have a cheeseburger and fries instead of eggs and waffles (waffles ... bleck!)

People eat donuts in the morning. You know .... those cakey, sugary covered with icing things? So what's wrong with regular cake in the morning? You know ..... a cakey, sugary covered with icing thing? icon_confused.gif

If I was making this cake,it would be just like any other cake I'd make for any other time of day.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 6

I, too, am not a fan of coffee cakes, etc. However, I see what you are shooting for --nothing sicky sweet? I have a great banana cake that starts with a mix. It comes out tasting like banana bread. If you are interested, I'll PM you the recipe. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 6

[quote="indydebi"]
I don't like traditional breakfast foods. I'd rather have a cheeseburger and fries instead of eggs and waffles (waffles ... bleck!)quote]

I love you icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Personally, I get tired of "food rules" and "food police" that dictate what I can or can't eat during certain times of the day.

I don't like traditional breakfast foods. I'd rather have a cheeseburger and fries instead of eggs and waffles (waffles ... bleck!)

I'm so with you on this! Many mornings I will have for breakfast whatever was leftover from the previous night dinner. There were times growing up my mom didn't make dinner for whatever reason and it was "fend for yourself" night, on those nights I often had breakfast cereal.

I do get what she is saying though. One of the reasons I don't eat traditional breakfast foods is that they are too sweet. My stomach can't handle anything really sweet in the mornings. I know if I were attending that shower I would decline the cake that early in the morning.

Are you set on bringing a full on decorated baby shower cake? Maybe an angel food cake would work, they're not too sweet.

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much WIN, I will take the recipe.
I did kinda want to show off my new found hobby so yeah, I would like to decorate something cute like the baby bottom or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%