1 Year Old Twins

Decorating By summersusu Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 8:57pm by summersusu

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 3

I have a request for one year old twins. Sports as the theme....probably going with making two balls for the smash cakes but what about the large cake....Any ideas?

2 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 3

How about asking the father what his two favorite sports teams are; football and baseball? Hopefully, the two favorite teams share the same color scheme. Ex. NY Yankees colors are white, navy blue and red; the Dallas Cowboys uniforms are white navy blue and silver. (of course, the teams don't have to have the same colors, just an ex. of a more subtle color pallete) That's how you base your colors (if you weren't already given any by parents)

I see stars on wires and maybe some as borders or on sides of cake with gumpaste/fondant sports equipment (balls, bats, gloves, helmets etc.) incorporated somewhere (check the sports galleries for inspiration).

For the smash cakes, I see little round cakes with a sports jersey in team colors for each boy with his name on it in fondant; with fondant stars around sides. HTH

Lorraine

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 3

Wow, thanks so much for the reply....I just spoke to the mom and she has really thrown me off. Now she wants "gertie balls" as the smash cakes. She is going to bring me one...so I have no idea what kind of large cake to go with that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%