Asw Coupon

Baking By toleshed Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 2:40pm by TracyLH

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:07am
post #1 of 28

Now is a good time to order the KopyKake projector. They sent me an email with a coupon code. 15% off plus free shipping. I just ordered mine.
Code is "H9W5". For a total of $ 157.58.
Can't wait for it to come.

27 replies
Cynsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynsational Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 28

WOW! Thank you so much for posting! I thought I was already getting a great deal by using the 15% off code that is listed on their home page, but your code gets me free shipping as well......woohoo!!!!!

Did you happen to find out how long standard shipping takes? I looked at their info page, but they didn't get into specifics about time.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 28

I'm about to sound dumb, but this is an overhead projector? What do you do with it for cakes? Is it for tracing pics for FBCT or is there something really cool I don't know about?

Just trying to see if I'm gonna have to put that on my wish list too, along with the airbrush, edible ink printer, Cricut, Agbay....

GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 28

I'm with sugarmomma, what is it used for?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 28

ASW??? What is that?

toleshed Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:24am
post #6 of 28

www.aswexpress.com is like an art shop. Someone else on CC posted about it a week ago. If you sign up for their emails, they are always offering coupon codes. I was ready to use this one. You can put a picture or clip art or anything into the projector and then put your cookie or cake onto the base. The projector will put the image of the picture onto your food. Then you can either outline your food with RI in a pastry bag or as I understand, use an edible marker for your outlines. Then remove your cookie and complete the detail with your pastry bag. Hope I've made this clear.
Not sure about the shipping. But since I placed the order this morning and got an email saying its been shipped, I'm thinking within the week.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 1:28am
post #7 of 28

I was wondering why I was receiving emails from ASW.. now I KNOW! Thanks to remember me! lol!

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:00am
post #8 of 28

So which one did you order? icon_lol.gif

toleshed Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:14am
post #9 of 28

My dh said I should go with the base unit and I always believe everything he tells me. lol

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:21am
post #10 of 28

lol, Thanks toleshed !

bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm
post #11 of 28

I got it! I had forgotten about this company because I'm going to be ordering the K1000 from a different company at a comparable price. Thanks for clarifying! icon_biggrin.gif

verono Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 3:15pm
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I got it! I had forgotten about this company because I'm going to be ordering the K1000 from a different company at a comparable price. Thanks for clarifying! icon_biggrin.gif

Where? Where?

toleshed Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 11:12am
post #14 of 28

Everytime I click on that link bobwonderbuns, my anti-virus picks up on a virus.

Cynsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynsational Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 5:38pm
post #15 of 28
Quote:

Whaddya mean comparable price? That sucker is $339! I started salivating when I first read your post because who wouldn't want to get the higher model at the same price as the 300XK? Do you have a super-duper coupon for the K1000 that we don't know about? icon_wink.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 6:28pm
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynsational

Quote:

Whaddya mean comparable price? That sucker is $339! I started salivating when I first read your post because who wouldn't want to get the higher model at the same price as the 300XK? Do you have a super-duper coupon for the K1000 that we don't know about? icon_wink.gif

The prices I've seen for the 300 and all that the 300 can do -- I decided for myself that I would be better off spending a little more $$ and getting the bigger, better K1000. It's not that much more and the unit does sooooo much more that I would want from a projector that to me that was the way to go. Oh and yes, I DO have a super coupon -- that site has a scratch off discount thing which offers additional discounts. icon_biggrin.gif

verono Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:11am
post #17 of 28
Quote:

Quote:

yeah me too I could'nt find a comparable price ..

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:22am
post #18 of 28

Well y'all buy your units, I'll buy mine! icon_biggrin.gif

toleshed Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:38am
post #19 of 28

lol

verono Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 3:01am
post #20 of 28
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The prices I've seen for the 300 and all that the 300 can do -- I decided for myself that I would be better off spending a little more $$ and getting the bigger, better K1000. It's not that much more and the unit does sooooo much more that I would want from a projector that to me that was the way to go. Oh and yes, I DO have a super coupon -- that site has a scratch off discount thing which offers additional discounts. icon_biggrin.gif

And what's that super coupon? icon_razz.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:56pm
post #21 of 28

what are the benefits to the k1000 besides better lighting in a not so dark room?

You're scaring me, I just went there and ordered the 300xk w/ the extension tube (do you need that?) and paid $214.99 for the whole shabang! My DH is gonna kill me! lol

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 30 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Now is a good time to order the KopyKake projector. They sent me an email with a coupon code. 15% off plus free shipping. I just ordered mine.
Code is "H9W5". For a total of $ 157.58.
Can't wait for it to come.

I was going to order this because my other kopykake fell through but I can't get this deal. icon_sad.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 31 May 2010 , 1:22am
post #23 of 28

I don't think that the coupon Bob is talking about brings the 1000 down to the price of the 300. From what I can tell, she is talking about the same site I got mine from. I don't know if this helps anyone, but I posted info about the K1000 last November and just copied and pasted this section, if it helps anyone. My husband researched and found the best price at the time and the link is provided below:

Quote:
Quote:

I just called Kopykake and the information I had been given about needing the extension rod to make the image sharper for doing cookies is not correct. You use that to enlarge the image to do larger cakes. That made more sense to me.

I also asked more details about the difference between the K1000 and the 300XK. The K1000 has two lights, vice one on the 300XK and thus more light output so you don't need to worry about lowering the blinds if that is an issue. If you havent had a chance to read back a few pages, a lot of people dont have a huge problem with that.

The biggest thing to me was that she said that the K1000 produces a sharper image compared to the 300XK. This is not just due to the extra light, but the machine itself. Also, the rod on the 300XK is connected to unit above and you cannot move the light above. On the K1000, you can tilt the unit above to as to have your image project sideways. This is how we can help combat the "my hand is causing a shadow as I pipe and I can't see my image" problem.

The K1000 is more money, but I did find the best price here:

http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=madisonartshop&query=kopykake%20prjector

I see the 300XK for $199 ($225 through Kopykake + $22.22 to ship), but CookieO found a better deal elsewhere.

and the K1000 for $339.74 ($475 through Kopykake with $22.22 to ship)

Through Madison Art, shipping is $18.75 for either. You can use a little dime to 'scratch' a coupon code. I checked and 'Code 4" is the highest discount you can get. If you call, tell them you got Code 4. Code 3 also pops up a lot, but save yourself a bit more. If you get the 1000 with Code 4, the total including shipping comes to $345.14. If you get the 300XK with Code 4, the total including shipping comes to about $210, so again, go with CookieOs link if you want the 300. That company does not carry the K1000 though.

Note Madison Art does not carry replacement bulbs.

So...if you are focusing on the 300, look at the link CookieO provided that had the 300 at $179 before a flat rate shipping of $6.95 plus coupon codes if you sign up for e-mail. This really looks like the way to go for a 300. Thanks so much, CookieO!

If you are looking for a K1000, the best price appears to be through Madison Art with the coupon Code 4.

Hope this helps someone!

Here is the link to the original post:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=657476&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=60

Although I have found the K1000 to be perfect for what I wanted, a lot of people have done very, very well with the 300. Sweetopia, for example, uses a 300 as I recall and does wonderful work.

The link referred to above that CookieO provided was for ASW and she said to sign up for e-mails as you get coupons as I recall. The full thread has all of the info and what people thought about the two machines.

newb2 Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:08pm
post #24 of 28

Tracy- THANKS for the link, tons of info! icon_biggrin.gif

TracyLH Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:52pm
post #25 of 28

Happy to help! icon_biggrin.gif I spent so much time researching that I feel it is best to share and save others the time.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 12:54pm
post #26 of 28

awesome!!

I wound up getting the 300xk from Madison art shop for $215 w/ the extension rod (I do tons of full sheet cakes adn thought I might as well grab it since shipping was free), now I"m not so worried that it's REALLY inferior to the K1000!

I can't wait to use it.........I have 200 monogram cookies to do for a wedding this weekend so I'm hoping to be able to use it for those and have perfect lettering (I pipe ok, but it will be wonderful to have ALL of the cookies exactly the same!) Hope it gets here in time!

newb2 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:50pm
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

awesome!!

I wound up getting the 300xk from Madison art shop for $215 w/ the extension rod (I do tons of full sheet cakes adn thought I might as well grab it since shipping was free), now I"m not so worried that it's REALLY inferior to the K1000!

I can't wait to use it.........I have 200 monogram cookies to do for a wedding this weekend so I'm hoping to be able to use it for those and have perfect lettering (I pipe ok, but it will be wonderful to have ALL of the cookies exactly the same!) Hope it gets here in time!

Can't wait to see your cookies! I hope it arrives in time too!

TracyLH Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:40pm
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Quote:

awesome!!

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif I think you will be very happy with it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%