First Tasting Stand Up

Business By Tellis12 Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 2:40am by Tellis12

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 16

So I scheduled a 5:45 came tasting this evening and the bride never showed. This is the first time its happened to me and while its not a huge deal, if i didn't have another one scheduled for 7, id be pretty put out!
Just wanted tp give a little vent to those who would understand.

15 replies
_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 16

And a prime of example of why I will never do a private tasting ever again. I had 12 couples scheduled for the tasting event I held last weekend. One didn't show....big whoop. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 16

Yah, it happens. Younguns' have no manners any more.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 16

I've been starting to call the day before and confirm....

leah_s Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 1:47am
post #5 of 16

And these brides will complain to EVERYONE about a guest who rsvps "yes" and then doesn't come when she has to pay the caterer for the guaranteed number.

What goes around, comes around.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:00am
post #6 of 16

Mine got to the point to where I don't even reschedule no-shows and I also say something like "All clients are important and I wouldn't not show up to a wedding, please let us know if you will not make it."

I mean most people in my target have phones w/ email, it takes them 5 seconds to cancel.

I haven't had a no show since. So I think it worked (so far).

Tellis12 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:33am
post #7 of 16

My second was a wash too. I can't deliver to their reception site. What a waste of time and effort and a babysitter! I'd really like to do the large tastings all at once but I don't have a place I could do that. It'd be so much easier though.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:28pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Yah, it happens. Younguns' have no manners any more.

It's not only the young'uns...I had the MOB call to arrange a tasting for when her daughter would be in town, which ended up having me do it on a Sunday to accomodate them. I had to email the directions twice because she lsot them, then she called about half an hour before the appt time and said that they were going to be about 10-15 minutes late because the dress fitting was going late. They never showed up at all! icon_confused.gif No call, nothing. Very strange, and it makes me want to go to Jamie's system sooner rather than later.

leah_s Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 1:42pm
post #9 of 16

Wait, don't you ask where the reception will be held in the initial phone convo?

_Jamie_ Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 16

Oh yeah, that would be enough to make me hunt them down and throw a fork at them.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 8:01pm
post #11 of 16

I always get a HUMAN confirmation the day before - I don't rely on the email to do it. So far (crossed fingers here) I haven't had a problem.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:21am
post #12 of 16

had a no show two weeks ago, (well, actually, she called an hour late and told me they'd be there in 45 minutesicon_smile.gif
I basically told her in nice terms that she had already had her chance, and I was done with her. Bye Bye. She's be the one to take three hours at the tasting and then book some el-cheapo cake at WalMart.
I love that I'm at the point where I can fire my customers. I don't jump through hoops like I used to, and it feels so GOOD!

_Jamie_ Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:50am
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentreu

had a no show two weeks ago, (well, actually, she called an hour late and told me they'd be there in 45 minutesicon_smile.gif
I basically told her in nice terms that she had already had her chance, and I was done with her. Bye Bye. She's be the one to take three hours at the tasting and then book some el-cheapo cake at WalMart.
I love that I'm at the point where I can fire my customers. I don't jump through hoops like I used to, and it feels so GOOD!

Excellent. I treat my customers like kings and queens, and I smile sweetly at the ones I want to kill. And then come here and throw up about them. Thank God for CC! icon_twisted.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:55am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentreu

icon_eek.gif HOOPS !!! we're supposed to jump through hoops??? icon_eek.gif oh no.. i didnt get that memo !! icon_lol.gif

I guess i am just blunt. I let them know that if they don't show up for a taste test/consult without a few hours notice or even day when possible they sorry about their luck. I dont reschedule NO SHOWS. icon_twisted.gif Just say no to hoops !!!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 2:14pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

Excellent. I treat my customers like kings and queens, and I smile sweetly at the ones I want to kill. And then come here and throw up about them. Thank God for CC! icon_twisted.gif

Jamie you crack me up! It's early in the morning and I'm already laughing at my computer screen and my dogs are looking at me like I'm nuts.

Tellis12 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 2:40am
post #16 of 16

I will definitely be confirming from now on. One more lesson learned. I do my best to learn as many things from this site but I still find myself continually learning from experiences, good and bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%