Fondant Figurines

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 3:47pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 5

I have an order for a jungle cake in a few weeks. Im not great at making fondant figurines so I was hoping there was a SIMPLE tutorial out there on how to make fondant animals. This cake is going to be for a 3 year old, so don't need anything elaborate, just need the general "how to" guidelines, somewhere to start from if you know what I mean. Thanks!

4 replies
coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 5

I am more of a book person than online, and highly recommend almost any of the books by Debbie Brown- her instructuions are clear, most books include great pictures at different steps and her methods do not take use a lot of special tools.

Justforfun751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justforfun751 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 5

A while back, someone posted a link to sweet couture cakes . blogspot . com to see how-to video clips of an adorable reindeer. She also does some teddybears and many other animals. Maybe the reindeer how-to will help get you started on how to make some of her other animals?

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 5

I had NEVER made any figures out of fondant or modeling chocolate before when I did my jungle cake. If you look at the animals as individual pieces, like the body is an oval, then the head is like a circle, then attach two little ears like triangles, it sort of takes shape as you go. I can send you close-up pics of the ones I did if you think it would help! Just play with it and have fun...mine are nowhere near perfect, but I think they are at least recognizable! icon_wink.gif
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1422536
HTH!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 5

thanks everyone! I will check out all the links you spoke of, djs, your cake is adorable! I am making these figurines for a jungle cake as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%