Anyone Ever Made Ratatouille?

Lounge By crazyladybaker Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 2:12am by crazyladybaker

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 7

no, not a cake looking like the movie.

I mean the savory dish. I have wanted to try it ever since watching that movie, which I love by the way, but have never made it.

I do not care for eggplant and all the recipes I see for it have eggplant in the ingredients.
If you know about this dish...would it be ok to omit it?

For my meat loving husband, how could I incorporate some meat into his? I was thinking maybe some shredded chicken or something like sausage?

should I make it or skip it???? icon_lol.gif

6 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 7

I like it with zucchini and yellow squash and tomatoes and the spices... chicken would be great in it as would sausage. Plate up some fresh(not dried boxed but the stuff in the fridge section Buttoni or whatever) cooked pasta and place your chicken over and pour the ratatouille down over that top with a few shavings of parmigiana and Viola!

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 7

I made this alot when my DD still lived at home. She loved it and often requested it for her special birthday dinner. I used the eggplant. It gives it more body and yet takes on the flavors of the other vegetables and spices so I don't notice an eggplant taste. You could probably skip it and use the shredded chicken. That sounds good as well. Good luck and I bet you'll love it.

crazyladybaker Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the input! I am looking forward to making this. I wish it was summer and I had these veggies fresh in the garden. thumbs_up.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 7

Oh and you can change it up a little by adding sliced black olives chunks of mozzarella cheese that will melt and sprinkle pine nuts over when plating. Delish!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:09am
post #6 of 7

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Garden-Ratatouille-with-Crispy-Rosemary-Polenta.aspx

I did the above recipe a couple of weeks ago. I am okay with eggplant but it isn't my favorite veggie. It was good, but I while eating I was thinking, next time I'm making it with out the eggplant. I'd say add in another veggie, like yellow squash mentioned above or double up the zuchini. I also used the fire roasted tomatoes in mine.

You can always serve grilled chicken breasts or even some grilled sausage on the side.

crazyladybaker Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:12am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Garden-Ratatouille-with-Crispy-Rosemary-Polenta.aspx

I did the above recipe a couple of weeks ago. I am okay with eggplant but it isn't my favorite veggie. It was good, but I while eating I was thinking, next time I'm making it with out the eggplant. I'd say add in another veggie, like yellow squash mentioned above or double up the zuchini. I also used the fire roasted tomatoes in mine.

You can always serve grilled chicken breasts or even some grilled sausage on the side.

that recipe sounds great too! So far it looks like I am the only one in the family that will eat it though...lol
everyone else has turned up their noses at it. Oh well, their loss!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%