Simple Question

Decorating By kaddikakes Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 1:04pm by milmil95

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a 9 x 13 white cake that I am going to fill with cheesecake filling. Covering in buttercream with choc. fondant accents and bow. My simple question is I have to make this Sunday to be delivered on Monday at my work . . . can i refrigerate? Thanks for the help.

4 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 5

whats sort of fondant are using? i have refridergated rhondas ultimate MMF without a problem before..

its just depends as with some fondant you will get condensation. if you feel you can "dab it off" it should be ohk? otherwise just try not let it get that warm.. ie try to keep it as cold as possible even when serving...good luck!@

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 5

Hi. I'm going to use Satin Ice Dark Chocolate fondant.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 5

hmmm, ive never used satin ice.. can you do a trial run? say just put some fondant on a small cake with b/c and see how that goes overnight?

milmil95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milmil95 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 5

You should be fine to put that in the fridge. When you take it out keep in mind that the fondant will have condensation on it as the cake warms to room temp. If you wait a little while it will go away and leave your cake looking great. Resist the urge to wipe off the water ... it will evaporate without damaging your cake. HTH!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%