Laid Off/ Miss You Cake

Decorating By nicoles0419 Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 4:07pm by KHalstead

nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 9

I have a cake for a guy that is getting laid off. I don't know what to do for it, its for a guy so I don't want to put flowers, or for a guy I would normally do balloons, but I don't think that is appropriate. They want me to write we will miss you, but I'm not sure about decorations any help would be great. The only other thing I thought of was a cake like with the kit-kats on the sides and MMs in it, or somthing just like drizzled with choc or carmel I don't know what to call it just "fancy" and yummy looking lol Thanks

8 replies
nicoles0419 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=54123 this is what I was trying to say with the choc/ carmel "fancy" yummy cake haha somthing like that

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:22am
post #3 of 9

hmmm, yeach, thats hard to come up with a theme so to speak.. i would probably go with something that more centers around the cake looking yummy...

meegz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meegz Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:31am
post #4 of 9

I agree, go for something chocolate/yummy looking... I like the one you posted or maybe something like this? - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1305341.html

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:41am
post #5 of 9

Is it me or is that a really weird request?

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:53am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

Is it me or is that a really weird request?

I agree it is a bit odd that they want to get him a cake, I asked my dh
what kind of cake would you want if you ever got laid off and he laughed and said no cake it's not a celebration, wow that is difficult to try come up with the appropriate kind of cake!

nicoles0419 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:45am
post #7 of 9

lol thanks for the help. Its for my dad's friend at work I've made them cakes before , so honestly I think its just an excuse for me to make them a cake lol Meegz - that cake looks great, thanks, and a new flavor I havent made yet will prolly be a big hit

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:51pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoles0419

lol thanks for the help. Its for my dad's friend at work I've made them cakes before , so honestly I think its just an excuse for me to make them a cake lol Meegz - that cake looks great, thanks, and a new flavor I havent made yet will prolly be a big hit

LOL, See that's what happens when your cakes Rock!
Have a great day!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 9

I agree w/ not doing anything to promote or remind him of the fact that he's getting laid off.

Although I don't see anything wrong with a "We'll miss you" cake at all! I mean, I'm sure his coworkers WILL miss him and they didn't have anything to do with him getting laid off right?

If I was being laid off I wouldn't take offense to a we'll miss you cake at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%