Best Way To Get This Image Onto An Rkt "puck"?

Decorating By confectionsofahousewife Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 2:53pm by DianeLM

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I am working on an end of season hockey cake for the hockey team that my brother coaches. He and I decided on a sheet cake designed like a hockey rink with a Stanley cup cake sitting on top of that and a hockey puck with their team logo sitting in the top of the stanley cup. Anyway, I am not sure how to go about getting the team logo onto the puck. I don't have an edible image printer and am not sure if a grocery store will print it (will they think its a copyrighted image?). I thought about frozen buttercream transfer but I've never done one and didn't know if this logo has too many details. Thoughts?
LL

5 replies
TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 6

Hey! I'm also in the "end-of-hockey-season" cake mode! icon_smile.gif My son plays. Your cake sounds cool!

I dont have specific advice to offer. Maybe you can call your local cake-store and see if they will print up an EI (my local cake store does this... maybe expain what you are doing and that the logo is a local team). That woud really be your easiest solution. My only other idea (if you can paint/draw), is to paint this on fondant and put that on the RKT (I have NO artistic abilities, so I couldnt do it...).

HTH

TammyH

tarascupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarascupcakes Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:25am
post #3 of 6

If it were me, I would have one of the most popularly used edible image makers on Ebay do it for you. Then, just put it right on the fondant piece you want. You'll have to spray the piece, if it's already dry, with vodka or water so the image will adhere. The other option is a stamp? You probably don't have a stamp made up and if you did, it wouldn't be big enough probably. So nevermind with that one! Good luck!

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the ideas. I'm somewhat artistic but I'm not sure I can freehand that entire design onto fondant! Unfortunately we only have one local cake store and she doesn't sell much. I would be surprised if she had an edible image printer but I'm going to call and see. Suggestions for where to order an edible image online? How do I make sure its printed to the size that I need?

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 6

I would say try a frozen BC transfer if you can't get a printed image. They are actaully really simple to do and they turn out really well. I did a couple spiderman cakes and used BC transfers for both. It also saves you from having to spend a ton of money (I am not sure how much a store would charge to print a image.)

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 6

I would do a RI flow-in piece. Personally, I'd pipe the shadows, let dry, then fill in around them. Like this jaguar head:
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%