Cost Quest

Decorating By shlee111 Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 1:54am by indydebi

shlee111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shlee111 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 4

I've never made a cake for which I was paid. I would say I'm a beginner compared to a professional, but definitely better than the girl next door. Anyway, a friend asked me to do her daughter's wedding cake. She wants a 3 tier for 110 ppl. Easy cake. White buttercream icing with dots and maybe a monogram on the top tier. What do you think is fair for a dear friend for this? Or even a stranger?

3 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 4

Yay!! I don't sell my cakes, but I believe most people here will tell you to take inot account the materials PLUS your time PLUS the gas, time, etc it took you to pick up the materials PLUS uitilities. Good luck. I think most people charge around $3.50-$4.00 for buttercream depending on the area some might even charge $6-7.

And some might even question whether you're even allowed to sell your cakes (are you legal?)

congrats again,

shlee111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shlee111 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:42am
post #3 of 4

Never mind! I decided to do this as a gift to her family and an excuse to grow my skills. Thanks!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:54am
post #4 of 4

That's very nice! Be sure to tell her, "I can guarantee you that NO ONE is giving you a gift as valuable as the one you're getting from me!" icon_biggrin.gif

I always do nieces/nephews cakes as my gift. And I tell them, "No one else is giving you a $700 gift. I want my Aunt of the Year award in gold. The real stuff. Not that cheap plated stuff!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%