Help Please>>>Best Friends 40Th

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 11:09pm by Florimbio

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so my very best friend is turning 40...I have no idea what to make for her..She has no hobbies, has 4 boys she adores, great sence of humor, so I would like something funny, but she is NOT happy about turning 40, so no "over the hill" type of cakes....she is not s frilly girl so purses and shoes are out....

Any ideas..., boy this is hard icon_cry.gif

3 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 4

how about a picture cake. I hope I can explain this right. Make a hexagon cake, maybe two tiers, with each side featuring a memory or happy event from her life.. I am almost positive i saw something like that on here...

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:23am
post #3 of 4

What does she like to eat? I made my best bud a bag of chips for her 39th cause she lists it as her fave food on Facebook! Is she on Facebook? You can find out a lot about a person on there. My other really good friend just turned 40, same thing - didn't know what to make her, 2 girls, no real hobbies, so I went on her profile and found out things I didn't even know - LOVES to read. I was going to do a book ,but in the end, I also ended up making her fave food (foise gras). Does she like to drink wine? You could do a bottle of wine and a picture of her and her kids on it or something like that. I did a photo album for my Mom's retirement/60th. But Facebook is a great tool for finding out more about someone without them even knowing. Ahhhh.. technology- gotta love it!
Good luck!

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks...the FB was a great idea...I went snooping and she LOVES to read, so I am going to do a stack of her favorite books...so you both were a big helpicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%