'brides' Magazine, We Salute You

Business By -Tubbs Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 3:33pm by dailey

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 4

I was flicking through the bridal magazines, and noticed a big photo spread in 'Brides' magazine entitled 'America's Most beautiful Wedding Cakes'.

There are indeed some truly stunning cakes pictured, but what I really liked was that they had a '$ per slice' note for each, hence the regular bride can see that a premium cake can cost anything over $8 (I think that was the lowest). A very good way to manage expectations, although it would have been even better if it had said '$ per slice, cake pictured serves XXX'.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 4

that's awesome, definitely a step up though!

I'm sure some BTB will still pull out the photo and bring it in and try to get it for a dollar a slice! lol

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 4

I've had people bring me pictures with the prices ripped off before, thinking that I'll be clueless. Uh, I see the magazines too... icon_rolleyes.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 4

i saw the magazine yesterday, they have some *gorgeous* cakes in there! i *especially* love SW's "boxwood" cake. ♥

those decorators are all top of the line though...my brides would laugh in my face if i tried to get $8 a slice, lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%