Cake Boss~ Disney Episode

Lounge By SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 8:25pm by sadsmile

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:09am
post #1 of 6

I was just watching the Cake Boss episode where Buddy's family is at Disney World and his daughter asked him to make her a cake. Was it just me or was that Chef a royal a$$hole!

5 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 6

Pretty much...I got the impression that he was not in favor of Buddy using the kitchens there...and then got miffed when he was pulled out of his dinner meeting to go help unlock the fondant. Most places would be happy for the advertisement...Disney is not one of those places that requires product endorsements! LOL!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6

I didn't find him to be a total a-hole, I thought it looked more like he didn't want them there and that the film crew was intruding. I love how they made it look like Buddy called in some favors to get the space, when it's obvious that the whole thing would have been set up in advance. I'm sure that the chef in charge just found the whole thing to be a big pain in the butt, especially if it really was being filmed during Epcot's Food festival. I'm sure he had other things to do rather than show up to make an appearance on a tv show.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:53am
post #4 of 6

I didn't find him to be an a-hole either. Just a little irritated and French. icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 6

Yeah, I get pissed off enough when my husband and kids come into the kitchen and mess my stuff up, I can only imagine how the head chef feels when they tell him these two people are going to come in with a camera crew and use your test kitchen. Totally intrusive.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 6

Looked like he wasn't on board with a script. icon_wink.gif I laughed when the pronunciation of fondant happened. That was a good episode and I loved the originality of the fashion cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%