What Type Of Printer For Edible Images?

Decorating By thumbs Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 2:31am by thumbs

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 3:40am
post #1 of 8

I am looking to buy a printer this week for edible images. What printers seem to be the best for this?

Also any suggestions on the best place to get edible ink would be great.

Thanks for your help.

7 replies
nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 4:46am
post #2 of 8

I just asked this question lol I want to get one too but everyone has told me Cannon and Epson are the best printers. and I ve been told to go to Kopycake web site.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:33am
post #3 of 8

Canon and Epson are the only printers Kopykake makes cartridges for. I'm not sure what to tell you though, I'm not pleased with my Epson at all right now.......not sure if it's the printer or the ink, or the paper..........

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:04am
post #4 of 8

I've also got an epson printer that has given up. I have the NX200 the print head on epsons are not removable so if you get a clogged head you could be out of luck. I've been fighting with mine for over a year now. When it works it's great, but it is very high maintenance. I haven't tried the Canon printer yet but it is my next choice. You might want to try contacting "icing images" here at CC they do have printer systems for edible images.

catcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catcake Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:50am
post #5 of 8

There is some great advice in an earlier forum. The only way I know how to tell you to get to it is to give you the site: www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-658094.html Hope this works for you.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 8

That is a great forum that catcake suggested. There are also articles as well on choosing one. I am partical to the Canon, but I have begun testing Epsons. The difference primarily is the removable printhead in the Canon which allows you to take out and clean if necessary. Epson doesnt have one so if you cant get the clog out through traditional means. That being said, alot comes down to the ink. The only reason I am testing Epsons is that the ink we are using for the newer Canons, our gold label ink, has been marvelous....virtually no clogging. So I am testing the same type of ink in the Epsons. So far so good! I would also strongly suggest you call a few companies and see who you like! After all, all the companies out there have about the same pricing, you must like the company you are working with. Do they have good products, are they knowledgeable, do they care about your business and do they get the product to you in a timely manner?

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 8

I have a Cannon that was purchased from IcingImages. The older Cannon's had major clogging issues but I haven't found that with the newer models. I've had this one for 3 years now. A friend had an Epson but her supplier just replaced it with a Cannon for her because she was having so many issues with it. I'm not sure where she purchased hers.

I would definitely recommend the Cannon!

Debbie

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 2:31am
post #8 of 8

Thank you, I am going to check out the link posted and do some more investigating.

I think I will send icing images a message as well. I would like to purchase the printer local as I am in Canada and don't want to deal with customs on a printer but will look at buying the ink from them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%