Cinderella Carriage

Decorating By TPACakeGirl Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 4:31pm by trajones

TPACakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPACakeGirl Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 4

I'm going to make my first Cinderella Carriage/coach cake, and I have some questions for those who have made one before. I have tried to get Debbie Brown's book but it's not available anywhere. The few places I have found selling the book are asking anywhere between $89 and $100 for it. My library doesn't even carry it.

I'm planning on using my pumpkin pan for the carriage. Would this be a better choice over the ball pan?

The carriage is going to sit on a sheet cake. I was going to make the horses out of cookies. Can I just use the cookie sticks to prop them up, or should I use popsicle sticks?

I was thinking about making a "cobblestone" path out of fondant for the carriage to rest on. How would I do that?

Will I need to dowel under the carriage to hold it up? How about through it? What is the best way to make the wheels?

Does anyone have any tips on making the carriage? Anything I should keep in mind?

3 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 4

Double post icon_redface.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPACakeGirl

I'm going to make my first Cinderella Carriage/coach cake, and I have some questions for those who have made one before. I have tried to get Debbie Brown's book but it's not available anywhere. The few places I have found selling the book are asking anywhere between $89 and $100 for it. My library doesn't even carry it.

I'm planning on using my pumpkin pan for the carriage. Would this be a better choice over the ball pan?

The carriage is going to sit on a sheet cake. I was going to make the horses out of cookies. Can I just use the cookie sticks to prop them up, or should I use popsicle sticks?

I was thinking about making a "cobblestone" path out of fondant for the carriage to rest on. How would I do that?

Your pumpkin pan will be excellent, as it will eliminate the need for shaping your cake. I have DB's book and have those cake instructions scanned into my computer (which I did for another CC member). PM me your address and I'll email them to you icon_smile.gif.

Will I need to dowel under the carriage to hold it up? How about through it? What is the best way to make the wheels?

Does anyone have any tips on making the carriage? Anything I should keep in mind?

I have the book and have those instructions scanned to my hard-drive for another member. PM me you email address and I'll send them to you icon_smile.gif!

trajones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trajones Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4

I used 2 cakes made in a bundt pan for my carriage, and it worked really well. Gumpaste wheels are fairly easy to make, but I suppose you could do sugar cookie ones as well. As far as support goes, I always opt for more support than less. Hmm, lets see about your other questions....there are mats available for you to roll your fondant on to get that particular affect, and the cookie sticks should work fine. Hope this helps you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%