As Opposed To Using Foam For Cookie Bouquet...

Baking By PinkChateau Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 3:49am by johnson6ofus

PinkChateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkChateau Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone ever seen and/or know where to purchase the flat plastic piece that fits into the bottom of a container that has holes with small supports slanted in several directions to put the cookie stick in. I saw this used in a cookie bouquet store and thought it was a great idea, but certainly didn't want to ask, "Hey where'd you get this"? TX

5 replies
heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 6

I would guess that if it was in a store that they have them made especially for them. However, the idea of using something like a floral frog sounds like a good one. You would just have to be certain that it could support the weight of the very top heavy cookies.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 6

I've used candy clay in the bottom to support cookies. I like it because if you stick the cookie in the wrong place all you have to do is pull it out and squish up the hole. icon_smile.gif

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 6

i think that is called a flower frog. Sounds like time to Google!

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 6

I have several 'Frogs' in different sizes but mine are all made of glass & too expensive to just give away with a cookie bouquet order & you can't be sure it will get returned. icon_cry.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 3:49am
post #6 of 6

squish up a ball of chicken wire or hardware cloth. Make a "ball" or shape to fill the space you want. Looks sloppy, but cover with candy clay or something else to cover for appearance. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%