"i Found This Number In My Husband's Pocket!"

Lounge By all4cake Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 3:10am by auntmamie

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 26

I just received the MOST hilarious phone call!

(riiiiing, riiiiing...)

Me- hello

caller-(silence)

Me-hellooooooo

caller- uh, hello?

Me- hello!

caller- who is this?

Me- You called my number. Maybe you dialed the wrong one? (her voice didn't sound familiar)

caller- do you know ______ ______?

Me-no, not on purpose. hey wait. my kids mentioned a ________(first name only) and a ________(girl's first name only) is that him?

caller- noooooooo. _________ _________! is this - - - -(last digits of my phone number)?

Me- yeah, but maybe you misdialed the first part?

caller- ***-***_****? I found this number in my husband's pocket!

Me-( I can NOT help but laugh out loud!)hmmm yeah, that's this number.(puzzled now) maybe he works with my husband at ______ ____?

caller- no! mine works at ____ ___!

Me-(oh shi+!) my daughter in law works there. icon_eek.gif (and I bust out laughing). I know what's up. You need to put that number baaaaaaaack into your husband's pocket and pretend like you NEVER seen it. I will tell you but you can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. Are you fixing to turn *0?

caller-yes icon_confused.gif

Me- I make cakes

she sounded like she was about to cry. you could hear such relief in her voice. Imagine how much oomph she had to build up to make that call and what had to be going through her mind.

I didn't want to ruin any surprise he had planned for her (he hasn't yet placed an order). But her suspicions could've built up enough for her to crack him on the head...I wouldn't want to watch that episode of Snapped!

Hopefully, she can keep the secret. shhh.gif I did tell her that I may not be the one he decides to have make it so don't get upset if she finds other numbers in his pockets.

Daggum, he should be better at hiding stuff if he's planning a surprise party! icon_twisted.gif

25 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 26

Oh, she must be sooooo relieved. That's really sweet. icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 26

Oh, she waaaaaaaas. I told her, "I hope to hear from him and I hope to see you there!" I introduced myself to her and she did the same to me. The whole time SHE was giggling toooo.

I just hope I didn't mess up too badly.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 26

I think you handled it brilliantly....great job!

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 26

oh that poor woman... and very gutsy of her to dial the number. my hubby has bits of paper with numbers on it/business cards and late night phone calls all the time (he works in IT and he is a weekend scuba instructor) and ive never been suspicious

poor woman - im glad you had the answer for her and hopefully you get the cake order so you can meet her

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 1:00am
post #6 of 26

Wow, good thing you set her straight or she'd be freaking out more. There's your good deed for the day.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:38am
post #7 of 26

oh man, icon_surprised.gif that is so funny, and extremely well handled. i hope he hires you do to the cake so you can meet her.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:48am
post #8 of 26

Oh my goodness! I think you handled it great and thank goodness you did.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:11am
post #9 of 26

What a sigh of relief she must have had. I'll bet he gets an extra special V-day present. thumbs_up.gif

all4cake Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:19am
post #10 of 26

I'm thinkin'...if he doesn't give her a surprise party...she might just pay a buck 95 and hunt my butt down! She's got my number....lol...I'm serious...

If ya'll see an episode of Snapped next fall and it's about a woman found ...um...without a pulse near Charlotte and a man found two or three towns over(I tracked down her phone number! ) ...she done flipped.

I think I watch too much Snapped and Forensic Files. Don't think I won't be scratchin her...they'll find her dna under my nails!

If I don't get the order...I pray someone does...I don't care who either!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:29am
post #11 of 26

You're too funny. I love to watch those shows too.

Here's one I got a while back on my cell phone. The # popped up, but I didn't recognize it.

me: hello
me: heeeelllllloooooo
her: (very unsure tone) um, hello?
me: did you need something?
her: who is this?
me: who did you call?
her: this number was in my husband's cell phone's list of received #s and I want to know who you are.
me: (recognizing her, but she doesn't recognize me yet) Um...this is April. What is Daddy up to?

Yes, no joke. It was my stepmom who was snooping in my dad's cell phone and didn't trust him. I'll bet she was red-faced after that call.

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, they say. icon_rolleyes.gif

all4cake Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:46am
post #12 of 26

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No! THAT is funny!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:35pm
post #13 of 26

I've never told anyone this, because it is so embarassing, but....

A month or so after my second baby was born (you know, raging hormones and all) I was snooping through my husband's cell and there was a "Michelle" (my name) programmed in there, but NOT my number and the prefix was for a town over. I made up some story as to why I was looking through his phone and asked him who that was. He was like, duh, that's the phone number to your hospital room when you were having the baby!!

icon_redface.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 6:00pm
post #14 of 26

THese stories are hysterical!! icon_lol.gif

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:02pm
post #15 of 26

I can't even think of a reason why I would call a number I found in my husband's pocket. There are a thousand logical reasons why a person would have a phone number in their pocket. If you're secure in your relationship it wouldn't even cross your mind to call.

Michelle you're exempt though, those post-partum hormones are crazy!

all4cake Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:21pm
post #16 of 26

I don't look in my husband's pockets. But if I did, and found a number, I'd be curious for sure. I'd probably even ask him who's it was. and you can bet your sweet bippy, if he was hesitant in the least bit, I'd be calling that number!

I reckon it would depend on what line of work your husband was in or his normal routine....if a number that happened to have a woman's name attached to it was found in MY husband's pocket....something would be amok.

Actually, I'd probably find out who it belonged to without having to call it...like I said...a buck 95 goes a long way when trying to find information...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 7:36pm
post #17 of 26

Angela I so agree (on both points!). thumbs_up.gif

I've never, in over 20 years, gone thru his pockets, wallet, email or cell phone. And vice versa. And most of his friends are woman, but I just refer to them as "one of your many girlfriends!" icon_biggrin.gif

I mean, if you have a question about something you find, why not just ask him, like Michelle did? thumbs_up.gif

But ... I'm glad the birthday girl in the original post didn't do that. Otherwise we would have missed our great laugh of the day! And she would have ruined his surprise for her! icon_biggrin.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 11:02pm
post #18 of 26

She may be turning *0 but I think she just took 5 years off of her life and only gained back 2! Poor thing! lol

Mrs-A Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 11:25pm
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Angela I so agree (on both points!). thumbs_up.gif

I've never, in over 20 years, gone thru his pockets,.....

hubby learnt real quick 10yrs ago - either empty out your own pockets or you will be picking lint off your trousers all day

im such a bad wife icon_twisted.gif

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:04am
post #20 of 26

These are too funny!... How often I have washed receipts and such after almost 20 years together!!! I told him I keep whatever money gets tossed around in the washer/dryer. He can have all the other stuff! icon_lol.gif

If I allow myself to ponder, I do think, though, that there are certainly some causes for concern when finding #'s in hubby's pockets. icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_wink.gif

Mrs-A Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:23am
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBakinBarbie

...I told him I keep whatever money gets tossed around in the washer/dryer.......

btw, aussie money is made from a plastic polymer so that survives washing with no problems thumbs_up.gif

i joke with my hubby all the time that his next wife will be a mail order bride from Lithuania...... he says ive put him off the entire process of marrying again

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:16am
post #22 of 26

Can someone explain the buck 95 idea? I have no clue what you're talking about icon_confused.gif

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:27am
post #23 of 26

Mrs-A ~ (You're funny!!!) I'm rarely lucky enough to find dollar bills in there (darn it!!!). Lots of change though!!! icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:29am
post #24 of 26

auntmamie, a buck 95 = $1.95

Those sites that you can find information on people (peoplesearch.com...something like that...there's probably thousands of them) for $1.95 for one time or 13.95 for as many searches as you want in a month...or something like that.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:04am
post #25 of 26

lol this thread has me laughing....you ladies are nuts.....in a GOOD way! icon_biggrin.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 3:10am
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Those sites that you can find information on people (peoplesearch.com...something like that...there's probably thousands of them) for $1.95 for one time or 13.95 for as many searches as you want in a month...or something like that.

I have never been willing to pay for those sites - I always just skip by the "pay here" button, so that's why I couldn't figure it out!

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%