Good Marble Cake Recipe Out There?????

Baking By CarolAnn Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 7:27pm by RafaelLogrono

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a cake for the Valentine's dinner at church Saturday night and thought marble cake might be nice, and different. I haven't a recipe for marble cake and haven't made one in decades. I can use a scratch recipe and one using mixes, just need a place to start. Thanks!! Carol

5 replies
CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 6

Guess I should add that I want to make a layered marble cake NOT a bundt type cake. I've been searching ofr recipes online and all I'm finding is the heavy bundt type cakes. NOT at all what I want. A few years ago my friend's dd had marble cake as part of her bridal cake. It plated very pretty and tasted very good. THAT'S what I'm going for. Help!!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 6

I usually use doctored cake mixes for marbled cakes. Buy chocolate and yellow (or white) cake mixes and doctor them up, then alternate putting the two flavors next to each other in one pan. After the pan is 2/3 full, take a fork and slightly marble the two flavors together... make sure not to over do it. I like to use doctored cake mixes because the two different batters are similar and will bake up the same.

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 6

Simple! Just make your favorite yellow cake batter, remove a portion of the yellow and add some cocoa powder to it, and then marble the chocolate mixture back into the rest.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM

Simple! Just make your favorite yellow cake batter, remove a portion of the yellow and add some cocoa powder to it, and then marble the chocolate mixture back into the rest.

This is what I do too. I use Serious_Cakes yellow cake recipe and take about a cup out add cocoa to it and some chocolate syrup too then. Pour the yellow batter in your pans then put a few good dallops of the chocolate mixture in here and there then swirl the dallops with a knife to get the marbled effect.

RafaelLogrono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RafaelLogrono Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 6

I like to use the recipeon Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes Book. Thats what I use to serve to my clients and it works really well. It's delicious! Be sure to use dutch-processed cocoa, or your cake won't come out right. I replace the water for the cocoa with espresso. YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%