Rookie Mistake....forgot To Add Extracts???

Decorating By Donnabugg Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 6:12am by zdebssweetsj

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 15

So half way through baking my chocolate wasc cakes I "remembered" that I forgot to add the almond and vanilla flavoring! Agghh! I knew I was too tired to be baking! icon_cry.gif Anyhoo, how bad is it going to be and is there anything I can do after the fact? Thanks! icon_redface.gif

14 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:49am
post #2 of 15

Relax, it should be just fine! Just a 'milder' flavor of the original cake base!

Donnabugg Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 15

sheww...thank you icon_biggrin.gif

pearlydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlydi Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:56am
post #4 of 15

Don't worry, once I use 2/3 of a cup instead of a 1 cup in my cake batter. It happens!!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:39am
post #5 of 15

So, curious... did you taste? How did it turn out?

Donnabugg Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:54am
post #6 of 15

No taste test...went to the freezer icon_wink.gif Just a side note as I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the extracts...my 8" choc. wasc collasped. Guess it wasn't my night for baking. icon_rolleyes.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:01am
post #7 of 15

I had to throw away a double batch of chocolate cake today (2-10", 2-8" and 2-6") because I forget to add sugar!!!!
Who forgets sugar? Well apparently I do.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:21am
post #8 of 15

I have learned to measure everything out first. Then start mixing...not a good thing to have to start over.

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:07am
post #9 of 15

I make a list. Then tick them off. Started after leaving the cocoa out of a chocolate cake.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 5:54am
post #10 of 15

A long time ago I was canning peaches and I accidently put pickling salt in a beautiful batch of peaches, I had peeled all of them took all seeds out and I thought it looked weird so I stuck my finger in and blechhhhhh it was salt and not sugar, ruined the entire kettle of peaches icon_sad.gif I have a million stories like that one hehehe.......its how we all learn.

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 6:30am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

I had to throw away a double batch of chocolate cake today (2-10", 2-8" and 2-6") because I forget to add sugar!!!!
Who forgets sugar? Well apparently I do.

Maybe you could have used the cake for trifle pudding or parfaits!! I find it really difficult to throw cake away! Just can't bring myself to do it!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:17am
post #12 of 15

I once forgot to crumbcoat before fondant because I was distracted by my family bugging me! What a mess that was...it's in cake disaster archives now...

Donnabugg Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:49am
post #13 of 15

Thanks for sharing all your "wth" stories with me! Guess I'm not the only one icon_biggrin.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:58am
post #14 of 15

today im making a 3 layer yellow cake that needs 1cup of butter and after i cut and weighed the butter i put the excess in another bowl and then hubby came into the kitchen to talk to me and then i picked up the wrong butter bowl (about 1/3 cup) and used that instead.... and didnt realize my mistake until everything was mixed and then, only then, i noticed the correct butter bowl sitting on the bench

*sigh* in the bin..... i hate wasting good produce

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 6:12am
post #15 of 15

Hey I but a container of extra cake mix in the pantry with my cake supplies, My DH was looking for flour to fry chicken wings, So you can quess how that turned out. nothing like chicken wings fryed in sugar and flour LOL. Now I label EVERYTHING. I still can't figure out how it was my fault the bag of plain flower was sitting right there in plain site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%