Who Has A "cake For Dummies" Scratch Cake Recipe..

Baking By tesso Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 1:53am by Deb_

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 6

please share it. I have been looking through recipes on here (there are so many!!) and I would like to try making an ALL scratch cake. Perferably one that is simple moist and not vanilla. My scratch cakes usually come out looking like mud pies or rock frisbies!!

I want to bake this cake tonight..as a treat for hubby, so any recipe that is fool proof would be greatly appreciated !!!

thank you.. so much !!

5 replies
Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:21am
post #2 of 6

Look for sayhellojana and see if she has any of her recipes in that section. She makes everything from scratch and has posted on other threads.
She converts a lot of the box cake scratch combos.
Check out the thread Help Gourmet flavors. You will find a lot of her entries there along with Macsmom who posted all her flavors there but of mixed cakes.
good luck

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:35am
post #3 of 6

thanks alot. I will go search now, icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:50am
post #4 of 6

there is a thread.. it says.." finally a scratch wasc.". which is white almond sour cream... it is a great from scratch thread....hth

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 1:59am
post #5 of 6

Look in my siggy and you will find the google doc, it is the gourmet flavors one,
I use Rebecca Sutterby's WASC a lot, I am actually making it as we speak, I have also tried a lot of the others and love them, you can save and print for future reference.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:53am
post #6 of 6

Here is an easy full proof Double Chocolate cake recipe. It's fudgy, moist and delicious. I think it's one of the easiest scratch cakes to make and it comes out great every time.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Layer-Cake-101275

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%