Cleaning An Airbrush

Decorating By mygirlssweet Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 10:32pm by julzs71

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:15am
post #1 of 11

I just got my airbursh in the mail and am wondering if I should take it apart and clean it with soap water before I use it for the first time. Is it ok to wash the pieces in soap water or does it have to be only Airbrusth cleaner (I haven't used it yet). Thanks

10 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:27am
post #2 of 11

Run some straight alcohol (everclear, vodka etc.) through it. You don't use soap and water on the airbrush parts.

mygirlssweet Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks. What does everyone else do?

mygirlssweet Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 11

I can wipe it off with a soapy dish rag right?

Loucinda Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 11

I wipe mine off with a clean hot cloth. I don't use soap anywhere near mine.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 11

i don't wash mine. The only time I took mine apart is when there was a problem with it. I don't use airbrush cleaner either. I just keep sparaying water through it until it comes clean and the use a little alchol sometimes.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 11

Francis Kyper taught us to us denture cleaning tablets in warm water to clean out the color staining in the airbrushes once in a while. just water won't get it all, but a quick soak in the cleaner, then flush with warm water will clean it like new.

Loucinda Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 11

I love this site, I never knew to use denture cleaning stuff for it! It sounds reasonable - thanks for the tip!! icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 8:37pm
post #9 of 11

I only take mine apart when it was clogged..well actually hubby did....I rinse with hot water and run alcohol through it and rinse again...I wouldn't use soap and water.The soap residue will clog it.

mygirlssweet Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 10:32pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbqueenb

Francis Kyper taught us to us denture cleaning tablets in warm water to clean out the color staining in the airbrushes once in a while. just water won't get it all, but a quick soak in the cleaner, then flush with warm water will clean it like new.

Now can I use this denture water after I put my partials in it? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%