Maple Wasc

Baking By flamingobaker Updated 4 Mar 2013 , 6:08pm by SweetNSassyTreats

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:13am
post #1 of 5

I want to make maple cupcakes (for the bacon cupcakes) but all the recipes I found are scratch.
I want to use the WASC and real maple syrup.
I think it should replace SOME of the water and SOME of the sugar,
the question is...how much?

4 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:59am
post #2 of 5

I would leave the sugar alone and sub out half the water for maple syrup. I do it all the time with wasc, just add any liquid I want for the water, leaving everything else alone and I have never had a bad result

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:49am
post #3 of 5

I would use less sugar since the maple syrup it's self is pretty sugary. I'd probably reduce by 1/3 to 1/2 cup at first and make adjustments from there. Then I would do 1 1/3 C. maple syrup and 2/3 cup milk for a full batch. However, with something like this I'd do a test run and start with a half batch and that way you know what you need to adjust better.
There is also pure maple extracts that could really help punch up the maple flavor also. I've never used maple syrup for a cupcake so I'm just saying how I would guess and start out the process above.
I've made chocolate cupcakes with bacon before and I liked it. Bacon of course tastes good with pretty much anything. icon_biggrin.gif Just make sure to omit the salt, it's not needed since the bacon holds so much salt already.

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys!
I used a 1 box batch of the recipe that uses whole eggs and used 1/3 cup maple syrup. I decreased the sugar and the water both by 1/3 cup.
The cupcakes were very tasty but not a real strong maple flavor.
Next time I will try more maple (and more bacon!)

SweetNSassyTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNSassyTreats Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 5

Have you made this recipe again??? I would love to try it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%