Need Filling Ideas For A Cake... Please Help!

Decorating By mommy_of_3_DDs Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 2:06am by prterrell

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making my babyshower cake for the 20th of Feb and I was wanting to do alternate layers of french vanilla cake and dark chocolate fudge cake. I have no idea what kind of filling would taste good with both flavors of cake. I cannot do any flavors with nuts, because my daughter is highly allergic and will be at the shower.

Please tell me what filling you would use and if you have a recipe to share that would be great too!

Thank you so much for any help!

6 replies
egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 7

I think any fruit or berry filling would be delicious - I would do a raspberry creme cheese filling

lea74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lea74 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 7

how about chocolate ganache? (white, milk or dark)

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 7

Vanilla and chocolate go with just about every flavor in the world, so what ever flavor you like should be fine.

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 7

Would it be over kill if I did ganache with fresh strawberries for the very center and maybe vanilla buttercream for the other filling layers... I make my cakes 4 layers of cake (so 2 of each flavor) and 3 fillings.

NewBaker2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewBaker2009 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:51am
post #6 of 7

We made a vanilla and chocolate cake and we used a chocolate mousse with a thin layer of raspberry filling.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:06am
post #7 of 7

How about chocolate ganache in the middle and strawberries for the other 2 and then frost in vanilla buttercream? That would be really yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%