Well That's Just Grreat *rant)

Decorating By Alaskahsm Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 1:17pm by 2SchnauzerLady

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:39am
post #1 of 14

I just finished my cakes for the cake show on Friday and my mother saw the pictures. She doesn't like them and couldn't stop laughing hysterically. Has anyone had that happen. Now I don't want to take these to the show and embarrass myself.

13 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:54am
post #2 of 14

what? i dont understand-why would she laugh. did you ask her what she thought of your cakes?
i peaked at your pictures and you do nice work so i would take your cakes to the show and be proud of your work.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:17am
post #3 of 14

Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm sure they are NOT laughable!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:44am
post #4 of 14

Maybe she was drunk? icon_razz.gif

Trying to cheer you up....

Seriously though....why exactly did she laugh? Were the cakes a funny theme?

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:01am
post #5 of 14

I'm going to agree with these ladies. I just peaked at your work, and I didn't see a thing that anyone would laugh at. Take your cakes and keep your chin up. Maybe your like me and have a mean MIL?????

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:47am
post #6 of 14

Tell your mother that her behavior was rude and you keep your head up!! Nice work on your cakes...I like the mountain bike one!!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:19am
post #7 of 14

I don't think moms are supposed to do that...I'm sorry, I think you do good work and I am certain you know more than your mom when it comes to cake decorating. Best of luck!

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:37am
post #8 of 14

I think your cakes are wonderful and you are very talented and I'm sure the ones for the show are as well.
About the laughing at the cakes I am also confused because if it was true that she did not like the cakes (which I don't think) then why would she enjoy that?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:45am
post #9 of 14

I have a daughter and I cannot imagine laughing at her for any reason. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I too looked at your photos and your cakes are great. I'm sure that the cakes you've made for the show are as well. What about posting one or two for us to see. I'm sure that you will do well in the show. Keep your head up and don't share anymore with your mother. She obviously isn't very supportive of you.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:22am
post #10 of 14

does your mom makes cakes? run a business? ever done a bridal show?

Then why do you give a flying rat's behind what she thinks? icon_confused.gif

It's sometimes hard for adults to realize they are not their mommy's little girl anymore. You're a talented decorator who doesn't need mommy's approval.

Git to that show and show 'em how it's done! thumbs_up.gif

Deniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deniro Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:03am
post #11 of 14

This is one of the reasons why I've held back in the cake business! Comments like these hurt! What the heck is wrong with people! icon_mad.gif

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:36am
post #12 of 14

I have two girls, both artists. As far as I am concerned they are the best. Shame on your Mom for laughing at your work. Your work is good, lots of work and love go into this kind of decorating. People have no idea what it takes. You really need to go to the show now, because you will see how people really react to your cakes. I guarantee the people at the show will love them.

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:06pm
post #13 of 14

Thank you all for your kind comments. I didn't want to post pictures here because some of the judges are CC members. I think she just didn't like the design. I think she must have just been tired and you know how when you start laughing you can't stop when your tired? My husband came home and saw my cakes and said he thinks its the best work I have done (and I have a brutally honest husband). You guys have given me so much more confidence. Thank you.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:17pm
post #14 of 14

Be sure to post the pics after the show and let us know how you did!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%