Looking For Cricut Decorated Cakes...

Decorating By Pearl70 Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 1:53am by tatorchip

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:50am
post #1 of 22

I am looking for pictures of cakes that was done with using a cricut? I have a cricut and am interrested in giving it a try.

21 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:06am
post #2 of 22

there was a thread with one on a cake using cricut cut decorations just yesterday, I will try and help you find it.

Pearl70 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:04pm
post #3 of 22

Tatorchip...Thank you, I appreciate the help.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 22

If you go to Linda McClure's website she has a few pictures of cakes done with the cricut on her DVDs

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 22

I am currently lusting after a Cricut, would love to see pictures of cakes done using it, too! icon_biggrin.gif

Pearl70 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

If you go to Linda McClure's website she has a few pictures of cakes done with the cricut on her DVDs

can you tell me which DVD it shows it on?

kikibakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikibakes Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 22

I would love a Cricut too!!

laventure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laventure Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 22

I went to Cricut's website the other day and guess what??? COMING SOON...the CRICUT CAKE MACHINE! YEAH!!! Check it out....
http://www.cricut.com/cricutcake/

Pearl70 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:28pm
post #9 of 22

go to your search and type in cricut cake pictures, it will give you some that have been posted.

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 22

Hey, guys! Linda McClure is going to the in the Pensacola, Fl area next Sat, Feb 20th demonstrating the Cricuit. She will be at the 2010 Panhandle Cake CRUMBS Cake Show and is donating some cds for their raffle that benefits the Ronald McDonald House.

I can't wait to see her, but I have a strong feeling that it is going to cost me! Hee Hee!

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:28pm
post #11 of 22

I just did one.
LL

learnincakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:29pm
post #12 of 22

I also saw an add for a Cricut at Big Lots for $99/ That is a really good deal. I don't think I would pay much more than that for it though.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:41pm
post #13 of 22

The one at Big Lots is the small one, not the expression.

learnincakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:54pm
post #14 of 22

I have the expression. It has the 6x12 cutting matte. From what I read on the Big lots website that one has the 6x12 as well. Which for me is big enough, my tiers are no taller than 5 inches. So I can make it work. 3 or 4 hundred dollars for this tool, is just to much for me. Mine was a gift from my daughter she bought it at Micheals Black Friday sale. $70. There are other cutters that I have researched and will buy instead when I decide to spend that much. One can cut edible images from your computer which would serve my purpose better I think.

This is the actual add:
Cricut Create(TM)
$99
2 DAY DEAL!
The Cricut Create(TM) personal electronic cutter combines the portability of the original Cricut Machine with the functionality of the Cricut Expression(TM)! step up includes DonJuan cartridge over $50 value, 6" x 12" cutting mat, power adapter & instructional DVD, no computer needed

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:56pm
post #15 of 22

Here are some cakes that I did using the cricut - so far. Just got mine for Christmas - yeah!!!

My daughters 22nd birthday - http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1556051 -the scroll work and the lettering were done on cricut

The lettering and music notes - http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1577769

And this one that I had not posted on CC yet - the moose, tree, pine cone, limb, and sign all done with the cricut.

I'm still working on trying to get the fondant just right. Too much time in between using the cricut, plus I need to get the DVD
LL

learnincakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:04pm
post #16 of 22

Great work! Did you find it hard to work with. It took me forever to get the right consistency on my fondant. I love the flowers on your black and white cake. Very creative.

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:11pm
post #17 of 22

Bert,
Could you help me with the thickness of the gumpaste, or are you using fondont, I have so much trouble with the thickness of the product. or maybe it is how I have my machine set, I am using the smaller Cricut, any adice from anyone would be greatly appreicated
Is gumpaste better to use than fondont? When rolling out product are you using a rolling pin or pasta machine.

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:57pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2create

Bert,
Could you help me with the thickness of the gumpaste, or are you using fondont, I have so much trouble with the thickness of the product. or maybe it is how I have my machine set, I am using the smaller Cricut, any adice from anyone would be greatly appreicated
Is gumpaste better to use than fondont? When rolling out product are you using a rolling pin or pasta machine.

I'm still playing around with this trying to get it right. I have used both gum paste and fondant mixed with tylose. Leaning toward the fondant mix working a little better. There is another thread on here (quite a few in fact) on circuts that the thickness of about a nickel worked pretty good.

The last time I used it for the roller skate cake, I was having a hard time with it - but I was hurrying (behind schedule). I know letting it set after it has been rolled out is really a key part.

If you have time, look through the other posts - there are others that have way more success than I have had.

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:33pm
post #19 of 22

Thanks Bert, very much appreicate your reply. how much tylose do you use when mixing. I do remember the part of letting it sit, I guess sometime I just am rushing more than I should. Once again thanks, Lori

Pearl70 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 8:51pm
post #20 of 22

i love these cakes..can't wait to give it a try.

Pearl70 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:49am
post #21 of 22

is it hard on the rubber feet to be moved around? has anyone had them to tear up due to moving them?

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:53am
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnincakes

I just did one.

it came out great, pretty cake thumbs_up.gif

I am sorry, I could not find the thread, I hope I didn't dream that I saw it icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%