Funny Story I Had To Share

Decorating By tsal Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 3:11am by pastryjen

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:50am
post #1 of 4

I found a recipe for white chocolate raspberry mousse that I was dying to try but didn't have any Grand Marnier (dh & I are not really drinkers and I'm still breastfeeding so I can't even remember the last time I had some alcohol).

Anyway, I decided to go to the liquor store where I was unpleasantly surprised at the cost of a bottle of Grand Marnier. I noticed that they had the teeny tiny bottles for sale there so I bought one given that I only need 2 tbsp for the recipe and if it's not good, I'm not saddled with an entire bottle of Grand Marnier that we will probably never touch.

I get to the cash and pay, and the cashier offers me a bag which I declined (thinking green) and just popped it into my purse. I then proceeded to the grocery store to pick up a few things. When I got to the cash there, I opened my purse and took out my wallet to pay for my groceries and noticed that the cashier was staring into my open purse. I looked down and there was the little bottle of Grand Marnier staring up at both of us. She probably thought I was an alcoholic with my stash right there in my purse!!!!! I didn't bother explaining. What's the point? LOL!

This cake decorating hobby seems to be getting me into trouble...

3 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 3:06am
post #2 of 4

now that is funny, I had to laugh out loud for sure

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 3:09am
post #3 of 4

icon_smile.gif
Explaining would have only made it sound like an excuse...

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 3:11am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigal81

icon_smile.gif
Explaining would have only made it sound like an excuse...

I totally agree! Very funny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%