Bakery Remodel Need Help!!

Business By heavenlys Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 5:56am by JenniferAtwood

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 13

So we have had our bakery 8 years now and I am wanting to spruce the place up a bit. (That is what i am tell the hubby) I want to change lots actually. I am unsure of my color palette.
What colors do you think are good for a bakery? What would you do?
TIA

12 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:31am
post #2 of 13

Try posting pics of what it looks like now...that would help us to give ideas.

heavenlys Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:50am
post #3 of 13

here are some pics of now

heavenlys Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:55am
post #4 of 13

well that didn't work. I will have to take some new shots and download them in the am

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:38am
post #5 of 13

i recently repainted in hot pink and lime green...it looks really nice.

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 13

Well, when the glorious day comes where I can have a shop, I'm painting the walls half chocolate brown and the other half a soft "Martha Stewart" pink. Then, will paint designs on each with the opposite color. It's good to have my art degree come in handy. thumbs_up.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 13
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:01pm
post #8 of 13

My fantasy shop (which I don't actually want, but dream about anyway icon_smile.gif ) has pink and white striped walls, black and white checkered floor, lots of mirrors and dainty crystal chandaliers - a Parisian kinda vibe.

It would definitely help to see your space...

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 13

I love pink and brown together, good thinking Mamba80!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:26pm
post #10 of 13

I wanted the black and white tiles, until I saw that every custom bakery/ food place in my area has that. Now I'm going for the laminate wood floors.

I also have the pink, w/ black and white....and black chandeliers. I'm doing a studio versus the walk in retail.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:02pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeForte

I'm doing a studio versus the walk in retail.

Yes, that is what I would like too -- By appointment only!. Getting up at 4am to make cupcakes for rude civilians doesn't really appeal to me. icon_biggrin.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:59pm
post #12 of 13

This may sound strange, but have you ever had your colors done? If you have and use the right amt here and there....anyway think you would look fab! Maybe make you glow or whatever. I did my bedroom in my colors (have red hair and pale skin, green eyes) and not only do I feel really comfy in there, but the hubs says I look...different? (altho he may just be...well, ya know!)

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 5:56am
post #13 of 13

When we remodeled our bakery 5 years ago, we researched how different colors effect people's moods. Red, for example, will cause people to be hungryer. You need to decide what you want your customers to do/experience in your bakery. We wanted people to feel relaxed and at home, so we painted our walls a light yellowish brown with a darker yellowish brown texture underneath.
I have a friend that owns a bakery in Arkansas that wants to bring a sense of nostalgia to their customers, so they remodled with neon lights and black and white floors. An eclectic 50's decor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%